• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wildie help

nursecroft

Wise Old Thumper
I've picked up a wildie this morning, it looks healthy although a little skinny, young, no signs of myxi or vhd at the moment but its very lethargic and weak.... I'm not sure what to do, i know vets will pts straight away although think possibly this may be the kindest thing. What do you think?

Ummm...is he on a heat pad? Do you have a syringe to get him some water?

I have no actual advice but I wanted to send some vibes to the poor baby.

I'd call St Tiggywinkles for advice: 01844 292292

Ha this section still gets no replys. Don't worry, poor little thing is slipping away.

I don't think it's necessarily that no one looks here though, it's that this is a situation most people have never been in so don't have any useful advice to give :(

All I can say is that I hope little bunny doesn't suffer and I'm sure that you will do the best for the little bun whether that's keeping it comfortable or whatever else you think is appropriate. It's hard to say much more because even if it has a chance I don't know how to look after baby bunnies anyway :( Fingers crossed for a recovery or a quick, painless passing x

I'd suggest trying to get it to eat and drink is about the only thing you can do, other than taking it to a vet.

Is it really young? Goats milk might work for a kit.

An older one, I'd probably leave with grass/water/hay/mashed banana/porridge until vets visit so as not to scare it. Poor little mite. I have a wildie that was raised from approx. 6 weeks by a vet nurse.

Awww poor little love. Any news?

ps This is one of my fave. sections of the forum.

He can't get up now, have popped him in a blanket in the carrier, he's had 1kg of metacam i don't want to force feed or give water as feel its not appropriate and would stress him out. Think he's just had a fit and wet himself :( trying to avoid the stress of a vet pts but I'm going to ring them now. He didn't struggle at all when i picked him up from the girl that found him. Think it could be vhd, no symptoms to see other than he's very very weak.

I'm so sorry.:( You definitely did everything you could

Binky Free little one.

(((((hugs)))))

I live by the field where they host Reading festival. I walk there sometimes, though I shouldn't. Some wildlife comes a cropper from the carnage of those few days. I had to smother and kill two wild rabbits I found whilst those fields were being cleared of rubbish. They were FAR beyond helping. It was difficult to do, but I had to do it... it is etched in my mind.

Back