• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lilly has a date arranged! UD Issues! See thread in bonding!

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
Sunday morning she will be taken for bonding (pending home check being ok, which is tomorrow so everyone cross their fingers! Or give me tips!) :D

I'm really excited for her! I'm looking forwards to getting the new little boy too, sad I don't have Harvey, but happy to be honouring his memory by supporting the plight of his species! He wouldn't have wanted Lilly to be alone too.

I have a few names decided for the new boy... different names depending on which of the two boys she comes home with!

She's become extra affectionate with me so I think she misses having someone to groom and snuggle with so let's all hope she's on her best behaviour on Sunday! I've been grooming her through this moult so she is looking very pretty for her date :D

Last edited:
Wow that is so sweet :D :love::love::love:

Good luck for tomorrow xxxxxx

I'm sure that Harvey would want Lilly to be a happy girl xxxxxy

Good luck for tomorrow :thumb: I'm sure you will sail through it fine though :thumb: hope the bonding goes well at the weekend :thumb:

Thanks guys :D

I've never had a home check before! I rescued Sid but as he's a hamster they were ok with me chatting with them and showing them photos of his set up, I'm a little nervous!

The one I had from the rspca was very relaxed and informal. I showed her where the buns would live, and then showed her the other bunnies, then she asked if she could look around all the other rest of the menagerie too.

The one I had from the rspca was very relaxed and informal. I showed her where the buns would live, and then showed her the other bunnies, then she asked if she could look around all the other rest of the menagerie too.

That sounds ok! I only have Lilly and Sid and they live in the same room so pretty simple :p did they ask for your vets number? I know with dog adoptions they want to check with the vets that you are registered and do go with existing/previous pets, but not really sure if they do for rabbits. Not that it'd be a problem, Harvey went to the vets a fair few times so the vets know both of them fairly well and know I pamper my animals!

I need to persuade OH to come with me on Sunday now, I don't have a satnav so need a navigator! Mum was there last week for me!

Yes I forgot about that, they spoke to the vets before the home visit. I'm sure everything will be fine :thumb:

Yes I forgot about that, they spoke to the vets before the home visit. I'm sure everything will be fine :thumb:

I'll make sure I have the information to hand then! I hope Lilly is laying as she is right now when the guy comes round because she looks like she owns the whole house :lol: flopped in the middle of the rug in the middle of the living room, legs crossed and intermittently purring :love: She is much less stressed over her upcoming date than I am obviously :lol:

Good luck with the home check and to Lilly with her date.

Is Sid Harvest's brother (Fury Friends Animal Rescue, Surrey)? Harvest was the only fawn and white one in the litter, all the others were similar to Sid.

Good luck with the home check and to Lilly with her date.

Is Sid Harvest's brother (Fury Friends Animal Rescue, Surrey)? Harvest was the only fawn and white one in the litter, all the others were similar to Sid.

No, he's from RSPCA Coventry, he was the only one there from his little family, think he was rescued from a house where the hamster situation had got out of hand and they had way too many! I'm surprised he's so so tame!

Good luck with the home check today :)

Let us know how it goes xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

I PASSED!!!

Home check was due at 4pm, I was about to jump in the shower when I got a knock on the door, 2 hours early! Oh dear! I was in PJs, smelly, greasy hair and no make up to cover my spots! :oops:

He was a nice guy though and I showed him into the living room, it was a bit awkward because there wasn't anything much to show him! "Here's the living room... Lilly lives in here... she has free run..... yep that's all!"

Lilly was an antisocial little grump! She was asleep in her hutch, in all fairness 2pm is about her sleepiest time, I put my finger through the bars to see if she'd get up and come say hi, after about 10 seconds she got up, vaguely sniffed my finger and then was just eyeing up the new guy, wouldn't come downstairs, then laid down bored :lol: oh well, I think he was satisfied that she's happy and healthy!

Yay :thumb: fab news :thumb: I knew you would pass ;)

:lol: I texted OH saying "omg we passed our home check!!!!!!!" and he just replied "did you actually think that we wouldn't?!" :oops: I know I do the best I can for my bunnies, but my best might be sub-standard to others! Having said that I also know that if he'd suggested anything I would've been happy doing it :) so regardless I would've passed eventually!

I can hardly wait for Sunday now!!! I'm trying to hold in my excitement though because Lilly is fast asleep and is already grumpy at being woken once :lol:

I still can't choose between my favourite names, I'm going to let OH know my short list on Sunday (yep, I haven't even told him any names on my list yet....!)

:lol: I texted OH saying "omg we passed our home check!!!!!!!" and he just replied "did you actually think that we wouldn't?!" :oops: I know I do the best I can for my bunnies, but my best might be sub-standard to others! Having said that I also know that if he'd suggested anything I would've been happy doing it :) so regardless I would've passed eventually!

I can hardly wait for Sunday now!!! I'm trying to hold in my excitement though because Lilly is fast asleep and is already grumpy at being woken once :lol:

I still can't choose between my favourite names, I'm going to let OH know my short list on Sunday (yep, I haven't even told him any names on my list yet....!)

I'm very happy for you, and I hope this new boy loves Lilly and you as much as you'll love him!

woohoo! well done you and good luck Lilly :love:

I'm very happy for you, and I hope this new boy loves Lilly and you as much as you'll love him!

Thanks both :D

SJ_R I'll be giving him food, water, space to binky, hay, treats and as many head rubs as possible, if he still doesn't love me then I'll just have to accept it :lol: assuming bonding goes well I'm sure he'll love Lilly because she's just a big bundle of cuddly bunny :love:

I want Sunday to hurry up!!!!!! Although I'll miss Lilly obviously whilst she's gone, the sooner she's gone the sooner I'll have her back with a boyfriend :lol:

I have narrowed my long list down to 4 names...... and mum sent me the photos of him from last week but I still am a bit stuck!

Awwwww cant wait to see Lilly's new friend.

Oh Sid isnt related to Harvest. Wonder whose hamster it was then. Sid looks ever so cute x

Awwwww cant wait to see Lilly's new friend.

Oh Sid isnt related to Harvest. Wonder whose hamster it was then. Sid looks ever so cute x

Awh thanks, he is a very lovely hamster, I was very lucky to get him! I hope he's got another couple of years in him, it's strange not knowing his age!

I'm hopefully going to put a couple of photos of little boy up tomorrow :D

Back