• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit hay boxes

Smudgy

Warren Scout
I decided to change the rabbits hay racks because they felt it was better if they threw the rack on the floor and sat on the hay! :lol::)

So I used two plastic shoe storage boxes that I had, I cut a slot on the front and sanded the edges so it's nice and smooth. There are two holes in the back where they can hook on and off screws that are in the wall.

The first one is in their run the slot is high enough so they can't rearrange things! But low enough so they can reach.

The other one is inside above their litter tray

They seem to really like them! And there's less mess which is a bonus (though it might not last long! :lol::lol:)

Oooh that looks good:thumb:

Can they fit thru that hole mine would be in it :roll: but I'm still gonna pinch you idea :oops::wave:

Oooh that looks good:thumb:

Can they fit thru that hole mine would be in it :roll: but I'm still gonna pinch you idea :oops::wave:

Haha :D they can fit their head through it but I don't think they would be able to sit in it because it's not too deep. I had the same issue before when I used a squarer box and one of my rabbits would just sit in it and pinch all the hay! :lol:

Back