• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I got a lick!

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
From Lilly! I'd been laying on the floor just hanging out with her with the occasional head rubs and she licked me :D

The best part of it was that just before, OH had poked my bum and made a large beep noise and startled her a little, and I was annoyed and said "she was about to lick me then and you ruined it!" to which he laughed and said "don't be stupid, there's no way she'd lick you!" and then she leaned forwards gave my hand a quick lick before running to her litter tray as if embarrassed :lol:

What perfect timing, it's almost like she heard him and wanted to prove him wrong :lol: I'll admit I was a very bad winner on this occasion!

I now believe the number of times Lilly has licked me has reached about 5 now! This was the first time that it wasn't through her hutch bars and wasn't preceded by a chinning!

Lovey that is so sweet, I've never been licked by either of my two, but they are outdoor buns so it's not so easy to get close to them, maybe one day :lol:

Harvey was a very licky boy, he'd lick almost anyone :love: but Lilly has never been one to lick people at all, I think the few times before were accidental licks, but this was definitely intentional! Even if she may have immediately regretted it :lol:

Awesome! :love: It's so sweet when they do that :thumb:

Amy will lick just about anyone- so long as they smell alright! She won't lick my mum (or my uncle's girlfriend) as they smoke, which really puts my mum out.

I picked my four up this morning for their daily undercarriage check, the two girls and Reggie were non plussed and wanted away pronto, Ronnie snuggled right in under my chin and wrapped his front legs around my arm as if he was hugging me. He then rubbed his nose on my chin! :D

Awesome! :love: It's so sweet when they do that :thumb:

Amy will lick just about anyone- so long as they smell alright! She won't lick my mum (or my uncle's girlfriend) as they smoke, which really puts my mum out.

Maybe they'll quit so they can get bunny licks :p I'd definitely say it would be worth the hard work!! Harvey licked me, OH and my mum the most, but if he was held by anyone who rubbed his nose or kissed him on it he'd return the favour by washing them! I was the only one he'd really walk up to and just start washing at random though, OH sometimes, but he loved his mummy the most :love:

I picked my four up this morning for their daily undercarriage check, the two girls and Reggie were non plussed and wanted away pronto, Ronnie snuggled right in under my chin and wrapped his front legs around my arm as if he was hugging me. He then rubbed his nose on my chin! :D

Awh snuggly bunnies are so cute :love:

Awwww how sweet :love:

Our Guinea Pig, Hettie, licks us when we stroke her! :love:

Awwwh I've never really thought of guinea pigs being lickers, but if they lick each other then I suppose there's no reason they'd lick a human! :love:

I just stuck my finger through the bars to Lilly (she's taken to sleeping in her hutch since Harvey died) and I got aggressively washed :shock: only from the safety of behind bars, and only on one finger, but that's tantamount to me being groomed in my mind :shock: I do think that she's missing grooming someone and once she has a boy bunny back in her life I'll be neglected again :lol:

Awwwh I've never really thought of guinea pigs being lickers, but if they lick each other then I suppose there's no reason they'd lick a human! :love:

I just stuck my finger through the bars to Lilly (she's taken to sleeping in her hutch since Harvey died) and I got aggressively washed :shock: only from the safety of behind bars, and only on one finger, but that's tantamount to me being groomed in my mind :shock: I do think that she's missing grooming someone and once she has a boy bunny back in her life I'll be neglected again :lol:

I don't know if piggies DO groom each other, mine certainly don't!

I didn't know they licked humans either until Hettie started doing it!

I don't know if piggies DO groom each other, mine certainly don't!

I didn't know they licked humans either until Hettie started doing it!

Shows how much I know about piggies :lol: I did even have two when I was a kid! Two big fat curly piggies who were lovely! They were friendly boys but they certainly did not lick me!

Back