• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Playing with bun

Dieselsmum

Warren Scout
Hi everyone :wave:

I was just after some advice. My bun, Diesel, has numerous toys, but he doesn't seem to want to play much. Occasionally he'll try and throw something around, mainly my iphone or remote control :lol:

Do your buns play much? Perhaps I am just supplying the wrong toys.

Hi everyone :wave:

I was just after some advice. My bun, Diesel, has numerous toys, but he doesn't seem to want to play much. Occasionally he'll try and throw something around, mainly my iphone or remote control :lol:

Do your buns play much? Perhaps I am just supplying the wrong toys.

No, Ludo isn't really into toys a great deal. He does like ripping his chill n chew mat up though, have you tried one of them?

Most bunnies don't play a lot. Doughnut loves tunnels, running in and out of them but she's not interested in playing. She has mad half hours of running around really quickly and playing on her own.

He did have one of those mats, but it got destroyed pretty quickly.

I did create a little hidey hole box yesterday from a hoover box I had in the cupboard. I put a big blanket in it. So far, the cat loves it. Haha!

Diesel prefers sitting on top of it. :lol:

My bun liked to run around the house.. he never played with any of his toys.. he quite liked the 3 way tunnel I bought... but he just liked to sleep a lot...

Mind you it's one of those things that I now find myself feeling guilty about.. did I provide enough stimulation when I wasn't home?

My bun liked to run around the house.. he never played with any of his toys.. he quite liked the 3 way tunnel I bought... but he just liked to sleep a lot...

Mind you it's one of those things that I now find myself feeling guilty about.. did I provide enough stimulation when I wasn't home?

That's precisely what worries me but its nice to hear that other buns don't play much either.

I have spent so much money on toys for my buns (my cat also) as I think they're missing out ! give them a cardboard box, put some hay in it and they are happy for hours, also easy to replace when they've trashed it ! :thumb:

I have spent so much money on toys for my buns (my cat also) as I think they're missing out ! give them a cardboard box, put some hay in it and they are happy for hours, also easy to replace when they've trashed it ! :thumb:

That's true Doughnut loves her castle, she sleeps in it a lot. Does play though.

I made a two tier house for my boy (rip). Cage full of hay, door always open. On top of the cage I placed card and a blanket (so his feet didn't slip through the bars), and on top of those was the cardboard box he came to me in. That box lasted 8 years. I regularly cleaned it. Hoovered it and filled it with fresh straw. I decorated it. I made one door for him to walk in... he'd go to the loo in his cage and then hop up into his penthouse box.. he liked to sleep in it. One of his fave places.

4 years later, imagine my surprise one day whilst in the kitchen when I heard shredding and tearing... great he is wrecking the box?!?!?!? So I sat and watched...

Within in an hour he had made a window in the side that he could look out of.. and another entrance to the rear of the box..

I buried him in that box... another thing to feel guilty about.. don't want to think of him being eaten under the ground... but we all return to the earth right?

Last edited:
Amy has a few toys in cage... And thus just has to chew the bars when I'm sleeping, which makes me feel guilty for not giving her as much freedom as she'd like.

Her favourite game is pushing blankets and toys off the couch deliberately.

I have spent fortunes on toys. The only ones they 'play' with are the chill and chew mats. They prefer cardboard boxes and an old sheet.:lol:

I made a two tier house for my boy (rip). Cage full of hay, door always open. On top of the cage I placed card and a blanket (so his feet didn't slip through the bars), and on top of those was the cardboard box he came to me in. That box lasted 8 years. I regularly cleaned it. Hoovered it and filled it with fresh straw. I decorated it. I made one door for him to walk in... he'd go to the loo in his cage and then hop up into his penthouse box.. he liked to sleep in it. One of his fave places.

4 years later, imagine my surprise one day whilst in the kitchen when I heard shredding and tearing... great he is wrecking the box?!?!?!? So I sat and watched...

Within in an hour he had made a window in the side that he could look out of.. and another entrance to the rear of the box..

I buried him in that box... another thing to feel guilty about.. don't want to think of him being eaten under the ground... but we all return to the earth right?

Yes we all return to the ground. His box sounds great. I love the description of him making his own modifications. My lot do this. Cardboard boxes only last a couple of weeks at the most because they are keener modifiers than your beloved was.

It's nice to hear I'm not the only bun owner like this. I swear I feel more guilt over my bun then I do my kids! 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our rabbits aren't really into playing. The only things I can get them to do is If I squeeze lots of hay in a kitchen roll tube and I have to hold it and they get the hay out, or apple sticks ( branches from actual trees) they go mad strip the bark and one of them has a thing for tissue, if he sees any kind of tissue he runs off with and spends ages eating it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back