• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i think they really do understand more then we think

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
I always talk to my rabbits, now just mabel :cry: like they are my little humans and that they understand every word, last night while grooming her, I said something to her and said what do you think mabel, she looked up at me with loving eyes like she knew what I was talking about then nudged my nose with her head, like she was saying yes mum I understand you :love:

Aww :love: I'm sure they do too, and they can certainly pick up on your emotions too :thumb: I feed my quad every day in their big carrier, that is left in their shed all the time, they all go in everyday except the day for the vets :shock::lol:

Awh how lovely :love: I talk to my bunnies (now just Lilly :() all the time too :) I think they understand some things too, Lilly understands no (although she thinks it means "binky away, then go back to doing that when I stop looking" :roll:), dinner and her name as actual words, but she does do the cocked head thing when I look at her and talk to her! She definitely enjoys my talking, when she first came inside and was more nervous my voice used to soothe her and make her settle, she used to purr when I called her a pretty girl :lol:

Awh how lovely :love: I talk to my bunnies (now just Lilly :() all the time too :) I think they understand some things too, Lilly understands no (although she thinks it means "binky away, then go back to doing that when I stop looking" :roll:), dinner and her name as actual words, but she does do the cocked head thing when I look at her and talk to her! She definitely enjoys my talking, when she first came inside and was more nervous my voice used to soothe her and make her settle, she used to purr when I called her a pretty girl :lol:

aww :love: sox used to love getting me to say no as then he would binky like he was proud he had got my attention trying to do something he wasn't allowed, miss him x

aww :love: sox used to love getting me to say no as then he would binky like he was proud he had got my attention trying to do something he wasn't allowed, miss him x

Harvey too! Must have been a boy thing, Lilly does do the naughty binky, but not as much as Harvey and Harvey seemed to go out of his way to do things that he knew I would say no to :lol: I miss my Harvey a lot, it's very hard to lose a rabbit, but it is nice to have all these lovely memories of them to make us smile and remind us that they had fun filled lives :love: we were definitely both very privileged to have been able to know and serve such wonderful rabbits! (and yes it's definitely serve not own!)

Harvey too! Must have been a boy thing, Lilly does do the naughty binky, but not as much as Harvey and Harvey seemed to go out of his way to do things that he knew I would say no to :lol: I miss my Harvey a lot, it's very hard to lose a rabbit, but it is nice to have all these lovely memories of them to make us smile and remind us that they had fun filled lives :love: we were definitely both very privileged to have been able to know and serve such wonderful rabbits! (and yes it's definitely serve not own!)

Ah yes Ludo does the naughty binky too! :love:

Naughty binky bunny here, too... :wave:

I believe they understand perfectly, every time I cry or just feel sad, Pitsi jumps on my lap & kisses me like there's no tomorrow...:lol: Eventually, he fixes everything, from my mood to my heart. I had very very hard times the past months, with health issues, personal life & he is the reason I long to return home from work...:love:

I speak to all my animals as if they were human. :oops: My son chides me for it but I know they understand me...sadly a lot better than my own son does. :roll:

I relate so much better to my animal companions than I do to people. It's always been this way. I used to think it was due to being an only child with very few friends but sometimes I wonder if it's just how I'm "wired."

No doubt they get it when it's time for "naughty attention!" :lol: I have three cats who understand the concept perfectly and honed it to a fine art form! :lol:

I think that, as we learn about their body language and how to communicate with them, so do the rabbits with us. They pick up cues from us and know exactly what we're talking about, even without words, despite a bit of a language barrier.

Amy is a most excellent shoulder to cry on. She also knows that my mum only gives her a biscuit in the morning when she gets me up for work, and completely ignores her any other time she goes in my room for laundry etc, unless she's going to try and beg- she certainly has that look perfected!

Nope not a boy thing - my Lady Katherine is excellent a norty binkies :roll::lol::love: I think it's funny actually seeing her misbehaving & telling her off & then her cute binkies :love: as if she's saying "yay! Mummy told me off again :D"

Bunnies are not stupid at all. My lot run rings round me! :roll::love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back