• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New member: Fur colour?

Jess&Bun

New Kit
Hello, im new!

I've got a female mini lop of around 6-7 months (pet shop bought)
When I bought Bun she was almost completely white with a dark brown nose.
5b68ffd4da7ccfc877810fc6fb473b7d.jpg

4 months later Bun is now a strange sort of lilac/grey on her entire face and legs and her fur now has dashes of brown.
3d5e97f67bb9b0ad952074f34cdfc744.jpg

I'd love to know what colour she is and any other useful bunny information. I've got a basic knowledge but little tis and tricks would be lovely.

Thank you.

Gorgeous? I'd that a fur colour? :lol: She's :love: anyway.

Hi, welcome to RU! Why don't you start by telling us where she lives, what you feed her, if she's spayed etc? Sadly, many people don't really know exactly how much care a rabbit really needs, due to ignorance or being stuck in the past (we now know that a bunny needs far more than a hutch at the bottom of the garden), and I do hope you don't think me rude and accusing you of ignorance, but if you are doing anyway wrong we'll do our best to help you; joining a forum already says you're looking to improve her care which is great.

Oh my gosh!! She is utterly divine!! No idea of official colours but I'd label that look as 'Stunning'! :lol::love:

Welcome to the forum Jess&Bun! :wave:

That's fine, im not taking offence :) she lives in colchester, Essex in a double hutch with a separate run in which she spends the day in unless the weather is poor then she comes in the house for her exercise. She's on Wagg rabbit food currently but she quite fussy so it's a bit hit and miss with foods and veggies + hay daily. She is up to date with worming and vaccs but as yet not spayed. She isn't particularly friendly, I try often to bond with her but she's far more interested with exploring but does enjoy being brushed.

She is very pretty, it's a shame she isn't as friendly as she is pretty!

That's fine, im not taking offence :) she lives in colchester, Essex in a double hutch with a separate run in which she spends the day in unless the weather is poor then she comes in the house for her exercise. She's on Wagg rabbit food currently but she quite fussy so it's a bit hit and miss with foods and veggies + hay daily. She is up to date with worming and vaccs but as yet not spayed. She isn't particularly friendly, I try often to bond with her but she's far more interested with exploring but does enjoy being brushed.

She is very pretty, it's a shame she isn't as friendly as she is pretty!

That will improve a lot when she's spayed I bet! It takes a while afterwards for the hormones to calm down but neutering tends to chill a bun out. She might never be a 'snuggle bun' but she should be less nervy. Fenugreek crunchies are one of the best loved bunny treats, so you could train her to come when called with them? She'll associate you with all-things-good! ;)

If you're thinking of getting her a husbun look at this cutie-pie:

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=35084

Oh my Gosh what a adorable couple they would make!! :love::love::love:

She's very pretty!

I'd try saving a portion of her favourite foods and calling her over to hand feed them - that might encourage her to get to know you better.

If the run is nice and secure you could try a tunnel between it and her hutch so she can access it when she likes. She looks like a nice healthy bunny so she shouldn't have any problem with the bad weather as long as she can hop back in her hutch if she wants too.

:wave: I'm in Colchester too :D

She's absolutely gorgeous :love: I don't know quite how you've got things arranged, but how about a 'runaround' system or similar home-made invention so enable you to attach the hutch to the run via tubes, that way you can still move the run onto different pieces of ground but it would give her the flexibility to go via a tunnel between the hutch and run whenever she wants. You can still close the doorway off when it's unsupervised/at night time depending on how secure the run is.

It's amazing how quickly they change when they get to that age, isn't it, she looks so different between those two photos!

Back