• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does 'Autumn Fever' Exist??

Den

Mama Doe
I ask because when I went to give Will & Nancy their breakfast, Nancy started humping Will, got off when I called to her, chased him a bit and tried again. She then put her head down for grooming which Will initially obliged then, I swear, he looked up at me and then HE started humping HER head. Don't know how he dared.

I was only thinking the other day that she grooms him a lit more and hasn't tried to hump him for ages.

I just hope it was because I dared to put the recycling out before feeding.

Do any others buns 'misbehave' when the seasons change.

Yes I think there are subtle changes at this time of the year. Toilet habits can alter and relationships between the bunnies may change possibly reinforcing their hierarchy or deepening their bond. :)

In spring, Rolo goes potty. Literally, potty!! From begining of March to begining of May.

He stomps around the house like he owns it (which of course he does) Throws things about that he can pick up in his mouth. Rips things apart, carpets, chairs, curtains any clothes that happen to be within munching distance. You can really see the devil in his eyes! He runs about like a loony and chases after any passing ankle that dares to go near, usually growling and honking. He has been neutered, so his hormones cant be totally to blame.

Then suddenly, usually in the first week of May, he stops. Like someone has flicked a switch. And he goes back to being calm and floppy again.

xx

Funnily enough, Amy has been a bit more active lately. She is usually the laziest rabbit ever, but for the past couple of weeks she's been going crazy in the mornings, even more snuggly than normal in the evenings and just generally daft.

I think this is the time of years where hormones settle down; no breeding, except for one last litter maybe, the male bits shrinking and all that.

Back