• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding 2 bucks?

charlie024

New Kit
Hi, i have two neutered bucks & have introduced them once in neutral territory after weeks of them meeting behind bars, however it turned out a nightmare! Circling each other continuosly whilst biting each others backs... Therefore were swifty seperated.
I want to know if its worth me trying to introduce them again? Or if its likely/promising that 2 bucks would bond at all?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks
Charlotte

It isn't usually easy to bond 2 males so you could try once more and if not successful you will have to call it a day, unfortunately.

I actually find it very easy to bond neutered bucks - in fact a LOT easier than bonding two girls - In fact my favourite and easiest bonding is usually a group of boys and perhaps a single girl in the mix.

However it does absolutely depend on the character of your rabbit - they are as individual as humans. Some people get on with each other, some fall in love, some dont, some cant stand each other.

Ditto with bunnies.

I have just bonded a two boy and a girl trio which was the easiest bond ever - I mean ever. They all three just love each other.

BUT the reason we are having to do it is that the girl in this new trio WAS in a trio of two girls and a boy and the two girls have had a falling out - after a year of living together.

We have a lot of groups with two or more bucks in.

Back