• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will anyone else's rabbit not eat their greens?

Lucy-Lou

Mama Doe
Priscilla has no interest at all.. She will have very very small amounts of foraged greens (but only blackberry leaves and cleavers/goosegrass) and tiny nibbles of celery leaves, but nothing else. Have tried loads of different veggies, herbs, wild stuff etc. and the other three gobble them up but she's just not that bothered.

Does it matter if a bunny doesn't like leafy greens? She's a good hay and grass eater and loves her pellets (which bun doesn't? ;)) I think she's just a fussy little madam :roll:

Every Bun is different..my female bun loves hay, dried forage and small amount fresh greens.. she doesn't seem so keen on pellets, but she does eat them, a few every day, not many. Perfect pelleted droppings everyday. She seems to be a perfect natural eater.
My boy bun, tho, loves only dried forage mixed with hay and pellets.. if I give him any more than a tiny bit of fresh greens he gets 'the poops' . It's the greens that give him 'the poops'.

Last edited:
maybe she knows they aren't right for her for some reason? maybe because of her tummy? bisc can only tolerate a small amount of fresh food. coriander, thyme and a small amount of dandelions. :wave:

It's good to know it's not just her then :) I was worried about her not getting enough nutrients but I suppose the main thing is that she has loads of fibre, she is a good fibrevore :thumb:

Charlie will only eat brocolli, carrot and spring greens... But he sulks at first when hes offered spring greens. Eats them looking really angry and then gets sad when they're gone :roll: He won't eat fruit at all.

Milly will eat anything and everything, and then Charlie sulks if Milly gets something he doesn't like! :lol:

Charlie will only eat brocolli, carrot and spring greens...
My Charlie wouldn't touch greens except grass from outside his run: no carrots, not cabbage, not even carrots! Lopsy is fussy but only preference-wise: leave anything in there overnight and it'll be gone by morning! We came home one day to find the bobbly cabbage leaves I put in as a one-off with all the middles eaten out. The rest were gone by morning. The following day the cabbage stalks took just a few seconds to disappear! He's also got a definite preference for mature leaves, but he's a greedy wossname whatever we feed him!

My Charlie wouldn't touch greens except grass from outside his run: no carrots, not cabbage, not even carrots! Lopsy is fussy but only preference-wise: leave anything in there overnight and it'll be gone by morning! We came home one day to find the bobbly cabbage leaves I put in as a one-off with all the middles eaten out. The rest were gone by morning. The following day the cabbage stalks took just a few seconds to disappear! He's also got a definite preference for mature leaves, but he's a greedy wossname whatever we feed him!

Weird aren't they, our Buns....I went to a lot of trouble to create and upkeep a small grass run off their big one. Thing is though, they don't eat the grass in it...just nose it , lick it, then stare at me in distaste. I've got a separate area down bottom of the garden where I've let the natural grass grow long and wild, over time. If I pick strands out from the roots, they devour it. Must be 'something' about mature meadow grass that they lurve!

Tree leaves also...classes as fresh veg??? Mine adore apple, strawberry, sycamore, hawthorn, young beech leaves, nettle tops, cleavers, nipplewort...we've got those around.
Not to sure about sycamore tho, I know it's produces a sap that is toxic to many wild flowers, to stop them competing with it. My Buns love the leaves...but anything that produces sap toxic to wild flowers can't be good long term for buns. So, yeah, I try to clear them up and away before the buns get many.

Oh, sorry, long post. Final point is : Human veg bothers my 'Forest's' tum. Wild forage he adores!!!

Last edited:
Priscilla has no interest at all.. She will have very very small amounts of foraged greens (but only blackberry leaves and cleavers/goosegrass) and tiny nibbles of celery leaves, but nothing else. Have tried loads of different veggies, herbs, wild stuff etc. and the other three gobble them up but she's just not that bothered.

Does it matter if a bunny doesn't like leafy greens? She's a good hay and grass eater and loves her pellets (which bun doesn't? ;)) I think she's just a fussy little madam :roll:

Sounds like my Flo! She is super fussy too! She eats loads of grass, hay & leaves etc. but she only eats a bit of carrot, doesn't like other veggies at all :roll: She is a little madam too :lol:

Back