• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pets at home

Very much doubt it... have you considered going to a rescue? Not sure where you are but we have lots of neutered boys looking for homes at the moment, I guess other rescues will have too.

They won't neuter their old stock but if people give up their rabbits to the 'adoption centre' there's a chance they'll be neutered. Alternatively check out rabbit rehome or your local RSPCA.

I did consider it, I wanted to rescue and basically came up against a rescue that wants to keep their rabbits for incredibly picky reasons (I also looked at other rescues but they haven't had neutered boys)

My main concern is that I have a lonely girl who needs a friend. As much as I appreciate rescues, they don't have what I need and they're far too selective. It really does defeat the point of rescuing

I did consider it, I wanted to rescue and basically came up against a rescue that wants to keep their rabbits for incredibly picky reasons (I also looked at other rescues but they haven't had neutered boys)

My main concern is that I have a lonely girl who needs a friend. As much as I appreciate rescues, they don't have what I need and they're far too selective. It really does defeat the point of rescuing

Pets at Home have 'second hand' rabbits to adopt, and I gather they give neutering vouchers.

Where are you from?

I'm sorry you've not had much luck with rescues, not every rescue is the same, maybe there is another in your area. Remember with rescues you have back up if bonding etc doesn't work. If you got a boy from a pet shop, what would happen if they didn't bond?

I'm sure whatever you decide will be right for your lonely girl.

Pets at Home have 'second hand' rabbits to adopt, and I gather they give neutering vouchers.

That's a part of the problem, ideally I need somewhere away from here to bond them but I could make do if needed. I don't care about the cost, I care about Penfold and her happiness.

That's a part of the problem, ideally I need somewhere away from here to bond them but I could make do if needed. I don't care about the cost, I care about Penfold and her happiness.

Ah you never mentioned about the bonding, just that you 'needed' a neutered boy :)

A rescue would definitely be the way to go.

Why not post your location and folks can give their experiences and advice of local rescues?

Ah you never mentioned about the bonding, just that you 'needed' a neutered boy :)

A rescue would definitely be the way to go.

Why not post your location and folks can give their experiences and advice of local rescues?

Because I've asked about this previously and the rescue that I thought would be 'the one' was a rescue that unless you live within a tent within a field where no animal can possibly reach you unless there's some kind of alien invasion going on, they won't re-home a rabbit.

In answer to your original question, I think PAH give neutering vouchers but don't sell neutered boys unless they have come into the adoption section? Even if they had adult males, they may not be neutered. I wouldn't hold out too much hope to be honest!

Just reiterating about the whole adopt-don't-shop thing. If you truly have no rescues near you that can help you, fair enough, but have you tried looking further afield? Obviously if you spot a male in PAH then by all means get him, but you've got more chance of having a rescue bond your rabbits as well if you adopt from them :)

:shock:... ooh?

Good luck to you... Search on rabbit rehome or check out the posts on here?

I hope you get your perfect boy,,,

Fee xx

I went to PAH today to look at the adoption section (I now remember why I stopped going in there!). There was a black and white rabbit in a space far too small, kept on wood shavings with no details about them. Found an employee and asked whether they were male/female etc. who had no idea. She had to go and check with someone out back so we waited for about ten minutes watching all the kids shouting and pawing at the glass before they finally came out, pulled details out of the cupboard and worked out that someone has been too lazy to print out their details.

The rabbit was called Sammy, was female and had to be homed alone as 'she doesn't get on well with other rabbits' :roll:

Although we knew at that point we couldn't take a female, I started explaining about the wood shavings and OH was telling her how cruel it is to leave a rabbit with no other rabbit company (brownie points for him :D )

Back