• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ben's Gone...

Thank you.

He was almost 10.5years old and I dont think he ever got over losing Meg about 3 months ago :cry::cry:

Sarah I have just seen this :( I am so sorry, just remember he had a wonderful life with you. Biggest hugs xxx

Thank you everyone.

He was fine when I put him back in his playhouse at 7:30 last night and there were plenty of poops in his litter tray, I hope he didnt suffer :(

Can rabbits die of a broken heart?

I'm sure as he seemed fine last night he would have most likely have gone to sleep and just not woken up :cry: so he wouldn't have suffered.

I'm so very sorry that Ben has crossed the Bridge. :cry: (((((((((sending hugs))))))))
Binky free, Ben. xxxxx

Thank you everyone.

He was fine when I put him back in his playhouse at 7:30 last night and there were plenty of poops in his litter tray, I hope he didnt suffer :(

Can rabbits die of a broken heart?

I think that they can succumb to a hitherto condition that may have been brewing prior to the bereavement. Or to a chronic condition that was under control until stress (bereavement) impacted on the immune system. It sounds as though his passing was very quick and he was in the comfort of familiar surroundings. No comfort to you, of course. But for a Rabbit if there is such a thing as a 'good death' then to pass away suddenly at home is how I'd define it.

((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))) xx :cry:

Back