• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Personalities can be So Different! Even with brothers!

Lynn's Bunny

Mama Doe
My bunny, Billie Gene, passed away on Wednesday. I still have his brother, Jack. I just can't believe how different their personalities are. Bill had the full run of the yard and Jack has always been in a large pen. It was because they always fought. So I kept them separate. Now that Bill is gone I decided to let Jack run in the yard. Holy stressful! He was into EVERYTHING.

Bill was so gentle and passive. Not Jack. He even went underneath our deck and it is impossible to get him out. I had it blocked off but he is so clever he got under. Luckily, he eventually came out. He also does not come running when I show him the treat bag. It was how I used to get Bill back in his pen. He would chase me. Jack, well, nope, not interested. I finally was able to pick him up as he was exhausted from all the excitement.

I feel bad though because Bill was just so much easier and more loving. I had playing favorites. Maybe in time Jack will calm down? He is 8 years old though. good grief. I also don't know if I should get Jack a companion. He can be a jerk at times. He likes to bite. :roll: Bill only learnt how to bite from Jack and then only did it once with me. I told him no and he looked mortified that he had done that and he never did it again.

I'm just surprised how different they are. Their Dad was so hyper and their Mom was very calm. So I guess Bill was like his Mom and Jack like his Dad. I do love him. I hope no one thinks I don't but he is a little monkey!!!:shock:

I was so sorry to hear about Billie :cry: Jack does sound like a cheeky monkey :shock::lol:
My bunnies personalities are very different too. I have Dandy and Beano (brothers) and Apricot and Ginger (sisters) who are my quad of outside buns. Dandy and Beano are still quite nervy and wild :shock: but Dandy (head bun) is much more mischievous then Beano, and he is into everything. I go in with a bag of hay and he leaps into it :lol: Beano is much shier but he is so loving towards the other bunnies. He's chief groomer :love: Ginger is more outgoing than Apricot, Ginger will be behind Dandy in the mischievous stakes. Apricot is shy, and let's all the bunnies try out everything new before she will attempt it. They all hate handling and will only tolerate stroking when it's pellet o'clock :lol: they wouldn't mind if there was no human presence so long as food,hay and water could appear mechanically.

Boots is our latest addition, he's an indoor bun, and he just loves human contact, as soon as you walk in in a morning he will run round your legs excitedly wanting you to sit down so he can have cuddles :love: and he will lay on your knee and go to sleep for ages :love: it's hard to do housework when you've got him distracting you :lol:

My two brothers, Frosty and Snowflake are so different. Frosty is head of the quad and is very curious. Even as a tiny baby (x) he was always scrambling up onto places and getting into everything. He is the first to investigate the newly cleaned out litter trays and likes to explore the bags of newspaper and new hay.

Snowflake will sit and chill for hours and although he happily sits near me he doesnt approach me. He is smaller that Frosty and so gentle.

Tessie and Daisy (sisters and the other half of the quad) look different and act different. Daisy being the outgoing one. Tessie often hides away when I feed them. I always stand and wait til I can see that they are all tucking in. Tessie and Snowflake get on well and although both girls will hang out with Frosty Daisy is the one who explores stuff.

Perhaps once Jack gets used to the new area he will be easier to coax back into his run? (Fingers crossed).

Awww and who said bunnies don't have personalities? geesh! I'm thinking of letting Jack inside more. I worry he is lonely outside by himself. When I'm sitting with him he likes to nip my butt and legs and then run away! Brat! lol.

I am so sorry you lost Bill :(

I have two brothers and they are quite different. Willow is very passive, submissive and cuddly. Clover is less willing to be cuddled and more outgoing and willing to get into mischief. Luckily they love each other and live together.

Back