• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thuringer

Hi all,
My names Amy. I've had rabbits all my life growing up and this week will be getting my very first own pair in my new house (house bunnies!) :)
I am getting them from a rescue and have been informed that they are both Saton Thuringers, which are apparently very rare?

They are two boys called Dave and Frank :) just have to pass a home visit then get to meet them Thursday!

Does anyone on here own a Satin Thuringer or know anything about them?

Thanks

How exciting, good luck with the home check. They aren't a particularly common breed, particularly in rescue. They are quite big! They are a lovely colour sort of chestnut fading to black, you get the same colour in other smaller breeds too. Satin means the hair will be quite shinny. I'd love to see pictures, I bet they are gorgeous!

How exciting, good luck with the home check. They aren't a particularly common breed, particularly in rescue. They are quite big! They are a lovely colour sort of chestnut fading to black, you get the same colour in other smaller breeds too. Satin means the hair will be quite shinny. I'd love to see pictures, I bet they are gorgeous!

Thank-you for the info! I am very excited! I originally wanted a giant rabbit but then these two got rescued from a horrid situation with 75 other bunnies and I couldn't resist! So I'm quite pleased to learn they are a large breed!

I'll definitely take loads of pics Thursday and put some up!

Amy x

Hello, and welcome to the forum :wave: your new bunnies sound gorgeous, can't wait for pics:thumb:

Back