• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is Freddie high?

luna

Mama Doe
Since bringing Freddie home from the vets yest and starting him on metacam ,he is constantly flopping...he has been doing it up to ten times in an hour. He is dropping down against the bars making a right racket too. I got a fright the first few times.Lol :)

Then he jumps up ,hops into the litter box and maybe has some pellets and a drink and then he collapses again.

I hadn't really seen much flopping up until yesterday. He liked to stretch out but not a full DBF.

So what do you think ? Is Freddie Frog high? xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
What's he on metacam for?

I have a bun with arthritis and he did this exact thing after getting acupuncture. It made me realise that he must have been in pain quite a bit beforehand because he always did the "meatloaf" pose...or "the rock impression" as I like to call it and very rarely laid down properly, let alone DBF. I was shocked when I saw him do it the first time and then he kept doing it interspersed by binkies. :lol:

I think it was because he was so used to being in pain that when he wasn't he realised how good he felt and wanted everybody to know. :lol:

Alfie is a metacam junkie....:shock:

He will literally race over as soon as I present the syringe, grab it in his teeth and pull back as hard as he can because he is so desperate :lol: Even though he only gets between 0.3 and 0.4 twice a day (depending on how he is), he craves it and is so enthusiastic, it's great! :lol:

Off topic but did you get my PM? *prays I did actually click send*

What's he on metacam for?

I have a bun with arthritis and he did this exact thing after getting acupuncture. It made me realise that he must have been in pain quite a bit beforehand because he always did the "meatloaf" pose...or "the rock impression" as I like to call it and very rarely laid down properly, let alone DBF. I was shocked when I saw him do it the first time and then he kept doing it interspersed by binkies. :lol:

I think it was because he was so used to being in pain that when he wasn't he realised how good he felt and wanted everybody to know. :lol:

I know what you mean. I don't think freddie was in a huge amount of pain. The vet thinks he was uncomfortable alright but not all that painful. Freddie was laying out in the following position before he went to the vet which lead me to believe he was feeling pretty relaxed.

tehavy2e.jpg

But I hadn't seen him flop all that much even before the leg injury. I wouldn't mind some metecam myself. Lol :)

Alfie is a metacam junkie....:shock:

He will literally race over as soon as I present the syringe, grab it in his teeth and pull back as hard as he can because he is so desperate :lol: Even though he only gets between 0.3 and 0.4 twice a day (depending on how he is), he craves it and is so enthusiastic, it's great! :lol:

Off topic but did you get my PM? *prays I did actually click send*

This made me giggle.when I had guinea pigs one out of the five was on metacam and she was very good about taking it. The trouble was the other 4 wanted some too and would bulldoze their way in trying to get some. When she was finished they would all delight in licking her face afterwards. I miss my girls !!! They were so funny. So it looks like alfie is not alone in his metacam addiction. Piggies love it too :)

I got your pm xx

Awww! Super bun pose. :love:

Yeh, Fiver wasn't in agony before he had the acupuncture but was "uncomfortable" and probably felt quite stiff. Did you take any pics of the DBFs? Xena did about 5 in the space for a few seconds when I first put a damp towel in their plastic dog bed. :lol: :lol: Apparently it was just THAT awesome.

Awww! Super bun pose. :love:

Yeh, Fiver wasn't in agony before he had the acupuncture but was "uncomfortable" and probably felt quite stiff. Did you take any pics of the DBFs? Xena did about 5 in the space for a few seconds when I first put a damp towel in their plastic dog bed. :lol: :lol: Apparently it was just THAT awesome.

Lol ... never heard of the super bun pose before but I can definitely see how it got that name :)

Xena sounds like a character. I will try get some pics of freddies dbf's this evening ;) xx

sounds like another metacam junkie :lol: bisc loves metacam. he jumps onto my knee now to have it syringed. :lol::love: matt also loved it, and maisie piggy refused to give me the syringe back. she clamped her teeth onto it :lol::love:

sounds like another metacam junkie :lol: bisc loves metacam. he jumps onto my knee now to have it syringed. :lol::love: matt also loved it, and maisie piggy refused to give me the syringe back. she clamped her teeth onto it :lol::love:

Lol ... piggies are so funny with metacam. That's what my Lucy used to do and she would run away with the syringe !!!

How are Eddie and Mollie doing now? xx

Lol ... never heard of the super bun pose before but I can definitely see how it got that name :)

Xena sounds like a character. I will try get some pics of freddies dbf's this evening ;) xx

Yay. I do love a DBF pic. :love:

Back