• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lilly just binkied UD saw some lovely boys!

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
For her dinner :D

She used to always binky for dinner and run to me when I said "dinner" but has lost her appetite since Harvey died :( last night was the first meal she finished in one go since he died :( tonight was the first pure excitement I've seen on her face for food :D

It is so hard on bunnies when their partners died :( having said that she's doing very well now, I think I'm struggling much more than her :( I'm genuinely am on an emotional roller coaster! Such big mood swings it makes me feel sick!

Anyway I just thought I'd say how proud I am of my brave Lilly :love: she will be getting a friend in the near future, in fact OH and I are popping for a chat with a rescue tomorrow, hopefully will meet some bunnies although not necessarily going to select anyone, we might wait until after our home check and then go back, who knows. Tomorrow is going to be very sad and very exciting all at the same time, I'll feel guilty and happy..... so confusing :?

Last edited:
I'm glad she felt happy enough to binky :love: I imagine it will feel very strange to you, but the way I always look at it is that you are giving another bunny the chance for a fab life, and for Lily to have a new friend, in no way are you replacing Harvey. Try not to feel guilty about it :thumb: hope it goes well for you tomorrow :thumb:

I'm glad she felt happy enough to binky :love: I imagine it will feel very strange to you, but the way I always look at it is that you are giving another bunny the chance for a fab life, and for Lily to have a new friend, in no way are you replacing Harvey. Try not to feel guilty about it :thumb: hope it goes well for you tomorrow :thumb:

I was really bad in the week because I know I'm going to get another bunny because a) Lilly needs company and b) we have room and money for a second, so with the amount desperately needing a loving home I'd never consider not getting another regardless of how it may make me feel

I'm worried that I'll resent the new bunny, because no matter how much I love him and bond with him what if I always have in the back of my mind "I'd rather Harvey be here" :oops: I'd hate to have those feelings towards another living creature, but at the moment I'm still in the mind set of I just want my Harvey to be back here with me, as exciting as it is to be able to welcome a new bunny, they'll only be here because Harvey died :( I know I will probably get over it and end up missing Harvey but very much in love with and grateful to have the new bunny, but I'm still worried :? I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been confused by these sorts of feelings though and I won't be a last, and most people seem to work things out in their mind so fingers crossed for me

Lilly just did a proper flop in front of the tv :love: she's been laying down obviously since he died (she needs her beauty sleep :p) and kicking her legs out and getting cosy, but hadn't done a proper full on happy flop until just now, so she's feeling good today obviously :love: I had a friend pop over yesterday so she got extra fusses, maybe that's what's cheered her up!

There's absolutely no reason to feel guilty Lucy, because there will never be another Harvey. I know what you mean though, but I think it is the right thing to do when you feel ready, for Lily.

She is a little star though and so brave, and she must feel very comforted by you to have had a binky for dinner. I'm sure she knew it was something she could do for you as well and to make you smile.

You and Lily have got such an amazingly strong bond, and you just meant the world to Harvey as he did to you xx

There's absolutely no reason to feel guilty Lucy, because there will never be another Harvey. I know what you mean though, but I think it is the right thing to do when you feel ready, for Lily.

She is a little star though and so brave, and she must feel very comforted by you to have had a binky for dinner. I'm sure she knew it was something she could do for you as well and to make you smile.

You and Lily have got such an amazingly strong bond, and you just meant the world to Harvey as he did to you xx

Thanks :) she has been a happy girl tonight, I'm so glad I've seen her binkies again, I've been missing them! Looking forwards to breakfast time tomorrow, she might give me more then!

Oh no, Harvey died? I'm so sorry; he seemed like a real sweetheart. Glad Lilly is feeling a bit better now, though.

Oh no, Harvey died? I'm so sorry; he seemed like a real sweetheart. Glad Lilly is feeling a bit better now, though.

Thanks, he was a proper sweetheart :love: he passed away last Saturday very suddenly, not sure what from, something neurological that caused him to have seizures out of the blue :( Lilly has been miserable but she's been her normal happy self tonight so I'm very relieved for her :D

I'm glad to hear Lilly is feeling a bit better. I know it must still be so difficult on you all and to think of bringing a new bunny home. Whatever happens I hope things go well. :love: xxxx

I'm glad to hear Lilly is feeling a bit better. I know it must still be so difficult on you all and to think of bringing a new bunny home. Whatever happens I hope things go well. :love: xxxx

Thank you x

I am getting a little excited now :oops: I don't really know what to expect from tomorrow! I am looking forwards to it, I'm sure everyone will be nice there and I'll get to meet some bunnies! Regardless of whether I am looking at potential bunnies to adopt I love meeting bunnies so it should be an enjoyable morning at least!

Aw that's brill that Lilly is starting to feel better.

Try not to over-think how you might feel about a new bunny.
I still feel sad about Mango. But I love Kyla for who she is. It's separate. How I feel about her hasn't changed my feelings towards him at all.
You'll never forget Harvey, but you can love another bunny too.

I bet you end up choosing somebun tomorrow!

Aw that's brill that Lilly is starting to feel better.

Try not to over-think how you might feel about a new bunny.
I still feel sad about Mango. But I love Kyla for who she is. It's separate. How I feel about her hasn't changed my feelings towards him at all.
You'll never forget Harvey, but you can love another bunny too.

I bet you end up choosing somebun tomorrow!

Thanks :) yeh I'm hoping that's how I'll be feeling because that's the logical way of thinking!

I wouldn't be surprised is I chose some bun tomorrow :oops: although all the ones on their website are youngsters so I'm hoping there are some older bunnies that aren't advertised because I'd rather have a rabbit aged 2-4 so he's similar age to Lilly (she's nearly 3), if there isn't I might wait for a suitable middle aged bun to come in

Awwww bless little Lilly :love::love::love:

Like others have said you will be giving a bun the chance of a wonderful life with you, your OH and Lilly.

Harvey will always be your special boy and having another bun isn't going to be replacing him.

Best of luck for today xxxxxx

Awwww bless little Lilly :love::love::love:

Like others have said you will be giving a bun the chance of a wonderful life with you, your OH and Lilly.

Harvey will always be your special boy and having another bun isn't going to be replacing him.

Best of luck for today xxxxxx

I'm already excited :love:

There were breakfast binkies too!!!!!!! :D she's pretty much back to herself :love: she loves her food, it was sad when she wasn't even interested in it let alone binkying for it :( off to meet some prospective suitors for her, want her to have a friend before she starts feeling lonely and sad! She's chilling in her hutch right now :D

Last edited:
Lots of baby bunnies who I cuddled :love: but not looking for a baby, all the 2-4 year olds were girls and not looking for a girl :( really sad that there were no suitable bunnies :( I'm calling in on Monday and the guy who works in the week will go through the waiting list with me to see if there are any suitable bunnies. Bit sad not to see any bunnies that I might be bringing home :(

I did fall for a bunny though, a sanctuary one :lol: he was lovely, if he'd not been incredibly poorly and therefore a sanctuary bun I would've had him, he was so friendly :love: I gave him lots of nose rubs!

I think Lilly might be waiting a whole for her perfect man to be found :(

I have considered it, but it's a long way for a bunny to have to go back if him and Lilly didn't bond well....

I have seen one who was advertised on here who I really want but he's very far away :(

I have considered it, but it's a long way for a bunny to have to go back if him and Lilly didn't bond well....

I have seen one who was advertised on here who I really want but he's very far away :(

That's very true. On rabbit rehome there are quite a few single boys showing near you in rescues (if Coventry is still your location lol!) if there's a bun you really want maybe a bun run could get him to you :thumb:

That's very true. On rabbit rehome there are quite a few single boys showing near you in rescues (if Coventry is still your location lol!) if there's a bun you really want maybe a bun run could get him to you :thumb:

I don't like looking on rabbit rehome :oops: I feel as though I'm just choosing on looks then! Which I feel guilty about :oops: I want to be able to go to a rescue and choose based on temperament or be able to trust the rescues opinion of the rabbits personality and temperament, which is why I'd rather rescue from a rabbit rescue than the RSPCA (who I did pop in to, but only baby boys again)

The rabbit I would love to have is 200 miles away! So not really possible, although I did say before Harvey died to OH "if we only had one rabbit, I'd want to get this boy!" and then Harvey died and OH said "shall we go get that boy then?" :lol: I had to inform him it doesn't work like that, he was too far away and I was just dreaming really!

We'll find a boy I'm sure... just a bit deflated though :?

Aren't Honeybunnies down your way (closer than BARC anyway)? They rehome nationally too I believe.

Aren't Honeybunnies down your way (closer than BARC anyway)? They rehome nationally too I believe.

It's not too far away, I have to really leave it until next weekend now before going to visit any rescues though :( I'm very busy this weekend, and I'm busy all this week 9-5 and rescues shut at 4 :(

The one I went to today was Fat Fluffs, who seem great, it's just bad timing that they don't have any boys, plus they're moving premises very soon so they're trying not to take more on until after the move

Back