• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Roger the New Rabbit

tonibun

Wise Old Thumper
I saw Roger on freecycle and was a bit concerned. Baby rabbits aren't being sold so I didn't think anyone would be interested in an older one. He was living in a kind of trunk in the house and needed his claws clipping so I took my clippers and got the chap to try to hold him while I could do his claws. He struggled so much that I only managed to get some done but did notice he was rather messy underneath. I knew I wouldn't be able co clean him up myself at home so rang the Vets and they booked me in on my way home with him. While discussing his diet the chap said we wused to buy hay when we first had him but he just ate it all so we went over to shavings instead - it says on the packet it's for rabbits! So I explained he should be eating hay etc and they admitted thet didn't know a lot about rabbits. So he's settling in, he's very bright and bouncy, had no more messy bottoms and he will be getting neutered soon.

Awh poor Roger for being in that situation, he's very lucky to have been able to come home with you though :D looking forwards to seeing photos of him when he feels up to it!

Back