• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Skyla.....update RIP Skyla 😥😥

Bunsterz

Warren Scout
We have a new addition, skyla was spayed a couple of weeks ago and we have had a nightmare!! She had to be re-stitched 2 days post op and afer going through several head collars, bodysuits and primapore we finally managed to get her to tolerate a soft collar, she was quite naughty when being handled so she had to be sedated to remove some staples but luckily she tolerated he remaining staple removal conscious yesterday.....then today we have this!! Took her to vets tonight and they think maybe injection reaction but we don't really know what it is! 
image_zpsa04e71d6.jpg

image_zpsbb8295cd.jpg

Last edited:
As far as I'm aware she didn't have a baytril injection only intramuscular sedation and maybe metacam injection 😒

As far as I'm aware she didn't have a baytril injection only intramuscular sedation and maybe metacam injection 

Could be the Metacam injection, but I'd ask the Vet specifically about if a Baytril injection was given when she was spayed as that is far more likely to be a problem re local skin reactions.

Thank you 😊 she is a hand reared baby I got her when she was 15 weeks, she knows her own mind!! Bless her 😊

Poor Skyla. My buck had an injection sight reaction that looked just like that but it healed up very quickly :), I hope she recovers just as fast

Skyla update...added pic just to pre warn!

So unfortunately skyla has taken a turn for the worse, her reaction turned into a burst abscess so she had antibiotics and pain relief but infection seems to run deep under her skin as you can feel 'crackling' all along her side, it appeared to improve slightly however in the last couple of days or burst open again and a new area has erupted behind it  she is know in the hands of john Chitty so all we can do is wait and hope, he said it will be a long slog but she may be ok, I will do whatever he advises I just hope we can pull her through whatever had caused this!!
image_zpsf5f61df7.jpg

Update.....spoke to vet, blood results say liver parameters are high so liver not working properly, we aren't sure why, waiting for swab results now, she may have xrays Thursday depending on how she is as at the moment she is isn't strong enough for anaesthesia 😢😢

Oh no poor girlie that looks really sore. I really hope you can find out what's wrong and that she will start to recover.

(Love her name - I have a Kyla).

It's heartbreaking to write this but we had to make the sad decision to let Skyla go, she spent most of her short life with fantastic vet John Chitty but we were fighting a loosing battle, we were chasing wounds basically she kept attacking herself, the only thing to stop her that would work was sedation 😥😥 some results came back as calcyfying skin so she was uncomfortable all the time, it wasn't fair in her, she was only 6 months old......RIP Skyla, love you forever xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back