• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny's Pic is going to the Peoples Climate March Sunday

shebunkin

Warren Scout
I'm gutted about what humans are doing to the planet and other species. A huge mobilisation on Climate Change is set for Sunday 21st ahead of the world summit on Climate Change.
We've been asked to wear a green heart and carry something we love. I'm putting bunny's photo inside the green heart.

I think of all the rabbits who drowned in the flooded meadows 6 months ago, and all the mosquitoes carrying myxi. All the butterflies bees and bats struggling to survive in shrinking habitats with drastic fluctuations in weather making it harder than ever to adapt.

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/100_clean_final/?bGsxAab&signup=1&cl=5845426050&v=46077

The petition reads:
"To national, local, and international leaders:
Scientists warn us that climate change could accelerate beyond our control, threatening our survival and everything we love. We call on you to keep global temperature rise under the unacceptably dangerous level of 2 degrees C, by phasing out carbon pollution to zero. To achieve this, you must urgently forge realistic global, national and local agreements, to rapidly shift our societies and economies to 100% clean energy by 2050. Do this fairly, with support to the most vulnerable among us. Our world is worth saving and now is our moment to act. But to change everything, we need everyone. Join us."

I hope for the animals' sake as well as ours that world leaders have the courage to act.

Back