• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Freddie's big day (being discharged this evening 30/9)

luna

Mama Doe
So I'm off with Freddie to the plum fairy today. I am also going to get his leg seen to. He is in great form and eating etc but still not bearing much weight on that leg after he jumped his pen.

I hope everything goes smoothly for the little guy and I am excited to find out his weight. I am guessing he is around 1.4 / 1.5 kilos. I hope I'm right because Iv a bet on with my husband. Lol :) xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
It didn't go ahead because of his leg. They don't want to stress him out further. They are not quite sure what is wrong but think it is his hip.

So we are collecting him this evening and speaking to the vet then. They want to give him anti inflammatories for a week , with follow up appointment and if there is no improvement they want to sedate him and do x rays.

My vet fund is completely empty and at this stage I am very fed up and upset about everything rabbit related that has happened over the last year :(

Last edited:
Oh no, poor Freddie :( And poor you :(

I hope the anti-inflammatories work for him and he won't need the X-ray/sedation xx

We spoke with the vet and the nurse made things sound worse than they were.

The vet doesn't feel there is a fracture or any need for x rays. She thinks it is a sprain and he has been prescribed 3 days of cage rest and metacam.

There goes our window of opportunity for neutering though !!! I'm starting a 6 week course next week :/

Poor Freddie :(

Did you get my PM, luna? :wave:

I did indeed ...thanks a mill. I will reply when I get the chance to sit down later or in the morning. Not feeling well at all today. Ugh :(

I did indeed ...thanks a mill. I will reply when I get the chance to sit down later or in the morning. Not feeling well at all today. Ugh :(

No worries, just checking you received it as some of mine haven't sent in the past.

Take care of yourself x

It didn't go ahead because of his leg. They don't want to stress him out further. They are not quite sure what is wrong but think it is his hip.

So we are collecting him this evening and speaking to the vet then. They want to give him anti inflammatories for a week , with follow up appointment and if there is no improvement they want to sedate him and do x rays.

My vet fund is completely empty and at this stage I am very fed up and upset about everything rabbit related that has happened over the last year :(

Sorry to hear that Luna. I've just got bad news about George's leg and he's having an x ray tomorrow :( vet said he's not happy with the hip so I feel your pain x

Back