• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what a week!

joeybun

Warren Scout
Apologies in advance for the essay now :oops:
I've had a puppy pen attached to the front of the shed for about a month now, just to give them a bit more space/ something different during the nice weather- it was on the grass but they began to dig so I moved it onto the patio. The corners and sides had something heavy to stop them pushing it.... or so I thought!
On saturday my sister comes into work (luckily, I only work across the road) and tells me that they had escaped :shock: it was the busiest time of day so I couldn't leave and had to tell her to round them up and back into the shed. By the time I got over, they had managed to get lola in but charlie was giving them the runaround.... literally! It was as if he was laughing at us, he was binkying around! :lol: luckily he gave in and took himself back to the shed.
So, that was the end of the unsupervised pen... until tuesday morning when I gave them breakfast there and (stupidly) went to get ready for work. Half an hour later I go to lock the shed.... no bunny to be seen! :?
I started to panic because I hadn't seen them running about and there's a gap at the bottom of the garden. Anyway charlie was easy to round in but I couldn't find lola anywhere. I had to ring my cousin in work to tell him I would be late, and continued to scour the garden. After 10 minutes of feeling sick with worry that I wouldn't see her again, I heard a noise in next doors garden and there she was. She wasn't coming home without a fight though. I had to knock on next door and ask if I could go into their garden (they haven't long lived there so that was a bit awkward :lol:)
However, there is a gap at the back of the fence that runs along the whole road, so I ended up in the next garden trying to herd her back home! After nearly an hour I got her. I was so shakey and scared I couldn't get a good grip of her but after a few bad attempts I succeeded :thumb:
I thought the experience would have set her nerves back but she was absolutely fine... the same couldn't be said about me! :p
On a brighter note, my hutchman play hut arrived and I (and the buns) love it :D

Like butter wouldn't melt, she doesn't know the worry she caused (although it was my fault)
20140913_182521_zpsxyb3hyek.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Houdini (sp?) Himself - as I was trying to catch lola, he almost escaped again. I've never jumped a fence and ran so fast in my life! :lol:
20140917_141119_zpsmkyud1xb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

"Oooh mummy, you was tellings me to go home? I thought you was tellings me to explore?! :)
20140917_141055_zpsvdkopx0n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Yes charlie, it's for sitting on :roll:
20140917_091831_zps3uwwkcai.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And the same to you Lola
20140917_141345_zpsotkn9cqo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20140917_142709_zpsh8scw3zz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Caught them trying to eat something they shouldn't. You'd think I didn't feed them :roll:
20140917_141534_zpsjk0folw0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It was my own silly fault :oops: but I honestly thought I wasn't going to get her back. Both the gardens she went into have gates going into the front which she could easily fit through, if she had found them that would have been the end :cry:
But I'm a paranoid wreck now so they won't be left in the pen again, which I feel mean about because they don't really use the attached run much :(

Back