• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's the best way of washing bunny blankets etc?

Intake them outside and shake them a bit, if fur is embedded in try brushing with a dust pan brush in tight circles, it gets way more off than just plain brushing.

I then put them in a big zip up bag and then into the wash, the bag was designed originally for horse tack so that the hair ends up on the inside of the bag not the inside of the washing machine :p but before I had that I would shove it into an old pillowcase which isn't as effective but is better than nothing!

I then try to leave it on the line for a few days, the more it gets rained on and blown around the more hair and hay come off! :lol:

i just wash them with non-bio liquid, with white vinegar in the fabric softener compartment. then i do an extra rinse, and let them dry :thumb:

I go over mine with a lint roller then hang them on the washing line if it's windy to get the last bits of hay and fluff off.
Then I wash them in the washing machine without to much detergent in old pillowcases and hang them on the line again for as long as possible :)

:lol::lol: me too for a second just reading the title had me :shock:

Must read every word properly :roll:

And me!! It was the "I take them outside and shake them" that initially got my worried, but by the time I got to "I put them in a zip up bag" I knew I must have missed something!!

I shake them then if they are particularly furry I use the rectangle attachment from a henry hoover, it's a brush with short, stiff bristles and it really gets fur off well, then they go in a laundry bag from the horse tack shop and in the wash.

I have a horse wear wash bag for mine, as with the ratty hammocks aswell I usually have a big load. Before that I used to tie inside a pillowcase.

Back