• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My little brown marked bunny...

aaammmyyy

Mama Doe
Has decided she doesn't want brown markings anymore!

Pre moult where she had her brown markings as they're the last bit to moult
80c8ee62b49d61938fc4519e243d903d.jpg

And half of it has moulted and underneath her markings have gone black/dark brown!
b54003954ad2e01e775dd8f6fa033257.jpg

Oh and look at the moult lines :lol: :lol:

I have rabbits whose brown markings go lighter and whose black coat turns brown/black. They have a lot of sunshine so I expect that helps to bleach it :D

I used to have a little white bunny with Himalayan style markings only they were grey and much softer. His little grey points would change colour and shape with every moult :lol: normally his nose and ears would change the most. Sometimes he would have just a dark smudge on the end of his nose and sometimes it would be much much paler but cover half of his face :lol:

Once he moulted while we were on holiday an he was almost completely white when we came to pick him up from the boarders :shock: it wasn't until we had had him home a day and he was settled and being 'him' again that we were sure that we had been given the same bunny back!!! :shock::lol:

I used to have a little white bunny with Himalayan style markings only they were grey and much softer. His little grey points would change colour and shape with every moult :lol: normally his nose and ears would change the most. Sometimes he would have just a dark smudge on the end of his nose and sometimes it would be much much paler but cover half of his face :lol:

Once he moulted while we were on holiday an he was almost completely white when we came to pick him up from the boarders :shock: it wasn't until we had had him home a day and he was settled and being 'him' again that we were sure that we had been given the same bunny back!!! :shock::lol:
Aww :love: she's never moulted like it before, normally its just brown underneath but nope Binky wants to be her sister and have black markings too :lol: her face markings are still brown though :roll:
I have rabbits whose brown markings go lighter and whose black coat turns brown/black. They have a lot of sunshine so I expect that helps to bleach it :D
They're reinventing themselves for the winter!

Back