• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

WHAT "Want your rabbit to live for 10 years? Give it a custard cream every day"

picard-facepalm2.jpg

I can't believe a VET said "although I’d never prescribe it, he enjoys an occasional custard cream which could be the secret to his long life." :roll:

At least the bunny does sound generally well cared for, although I'm not sure why they don't bring the other rabbit in with him:(.
What a shame the article didn't take the opportunity to promote proper rabbit care.

I doubt the owner said that the secret of his long life was his custard cream, or that the vet said exactly that. But it's all thoroughly :roll: all the same!

Clinical director David Hough said: "Rabbits that live outside generally have a life expectancy of between six and eight years, so Harry is doing very well."

A Clinical Director in the dark ages then.

60981-Homer-Simpson-Facepalm-meme-do-pO4R.jpeg

I doubt the owner said that the secret of his long life was his custard cream, or that the vet said exactly that. But it's all thoroughly :roll: all the same!

:thumb:

It's a shame they didn't pick up on a different line in the article to use as the headline, which is that the bunny's well cared for and insured so that any health problems can be treated as they arise....... I'm sure that's got far more to do with his longevity than the odd custard cream.

It says that the average age for a rabbit is six years :( I seriously think that they need correcting on that. The whole thing is a bit of a joke.

If I were the vet I would be asking for my name to be removed from any article which advocated custard creams as the secret to longevity!

If I were the vet I would be asking for my name to be removed from any article which advocated custard creams as the secret to longevity!

The vet doesn't sound very good to be honest if he thinks rabbits should be expected to live for six years, I doubt he'll be bothered.

If I told my vet I was giving my bunnies a custard cream every day I'd get a right telling off!

I can't believe a VET said "although I’d never prescribe it, he enjoys an occasional custard cream which could be the secret to his long life." :roll:

Ahhhh, science!

You'd hope a vet would know the difference between random coincidental facts, and cause-and-effect.

Back