• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jessica Rabbit

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
She is probably going to need a Dental this week, her right eye has started to water and that is usually the first sign. She's 9 now, she started needing Dentals when she was about 7.5 years of age. Always a worry, but more so the older she gets

She looks like a cuddly teddy sat with her teddy friends :love::love:

Hope everything goes well for you Jessica xx

She has a similar hair style to Nigel!!!!

I do hope her dental goes well and that she recovers quickly.

She really is so beautiful x

I have a about 9-10 dental buns and a few of them are really old like Sox who has to have constant dentals and it's always a worry so know what you mean.

Sending 'quick healing' vibes for Jessica Rabbit and hope everything goes ok for her on Wednesday xxxx

I wonder now-Is it better to do the dental when the first signs show up (like watery eye), or it's better to postpone them until the bunny food intake drops below the sufficient amount in order to give it time to eventually make her teeth right by itself and make the period between 2 dentals longer (of course bunny should be kept comfortable)?

My Chrissy hasn't been gone for a dental from almost 2 years. Before ,she needed them once per 6 months. For the last one we weren't with her usual vet but another very good one and she seems to have "done the deed"-maybe more agressively as she was more uncomfortable than ever, but quite efficiently. Now she had 2-3 times runny eyes/low appetite, but she seems to manage to top it up after a day or 2, with more tasty food and in a few days she's eating like a monster.

I wonder now-Is it better to do the dental when the first signs show up (like watery eye), or it's better to postpone them until the bunny food intake drops below the sufficient amount in order to give it time to eventually make her teeth right by itself and make the period between 2 dentals longer (of course bunny should be kept comfortable)?

My Chrissy hasn't been gone for a dental from almost 2 years. Before ,she needed them once per 6 months. For the last one we weren't with her usual vet but another very good one and she seems to have "done the deed"-maybe more agressively as she was more uncomfortable than ever, but quite efficiently. Now she had 2-3 times runny eyes/low appetite, but she seems to manage to top it up after a day or 2, with more tasty food and in a few days she's eating like a monster.

I always try to get Jessica's Dental done before her input/output changes. IMO this makes the procedure less risky and recovery much quicker. She is normally eating/pooing a couple of hours after waking up. If I had waited til her input/output decreased then she would have a GA when her GI tract motility was already slow, making post GA gut stasis more likely. I weigh her twice a week too as I like to keep her weight as stable as possible.

I always try to get Jessica's Dental done before her input/output changes. IMO this makes the procedure less risky and recovery much quicker. She is normally eating/pooing a couple of hours after waking up. If I had waited til her input/output decreased then she would have a GA when her GI tract motility was already slow, making post GA gut stasis more likely. I weigh her twice a week too as I like to keep her weight as stable as possible.

this makes sense, usually I'm advised by the vets to foce feed and give gut stimulant before dental - I guess the reason was exactly to get her in good shape before the operation. However 2 years without dental is brilliant and I have that hidden ray of hope that she won't need it never never again:love:

Back