• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Uh oh ... Freddie escaped!!!(His leg is better 22nd sep )

luna

Mama Doe
When we were hoovering Freddie freaked out and jumped out of his 80cm pen. It just happened a minute ago and he hasn't moved since I put him back in. When it happened he ran into my room and he seemed fine but just hasn't moved since I caught him again.

I'm not sure if it's down to panic or injury or he is just annoyed that I foiled his plans :/ Hubby thinks we should examine him but I want to wait to see how his mobility is when he does decide to move. Why do these things always happen on a Sunday :(

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
He is holding his back leg funny :(

Can you not try and tempt him to walk a little bit and see how he is? Maybe pop him on the floor and see if he goes back to his pen?

I hope he's okay xx

Can you not try and tempt him to walk a little bit and see how he is? Maybe pop him on the floor and see if he goes back to his pen?

I hope he's okay xx

That's what we have done. He is not bearing weight on his back left leg when he walks :(

That's what we have done. He is not bearing weight on his back left leg when he walks :(

This is really similar to what happened with George on Thursday...same leg too! :( I was beside myself and took him straight in to get pain killers. Hope freddies ok :) xxx

Oh dear :( Do you have an emergency vet?

I know what you mean about emergencies/accidents always happening on the weekend, Barney ate a pair of headphones on the Saturday night just before Christmas Day when everywhere was closed.

Poor Freddie, I hope his little leg is okay and it's nothing too serious xx

This is really similar to what happened with George on Thursday...same leg too! :( I was beside myself and took him straight in to get pain killers. Hope freddies ok :) xxx

I know ... I thought of you and George when I first saw him move his leg funny. How was george when it first happened?

Freddie is eating, grooming , jumping in and out of his litter box and playing with his chill n chew mat so I'm not going to rush him to our (useless) emergency vet just yet.

I remember something similar happening to Bobby once and it resolved by the following morning so I'm hoping for a similar outcome here. Fingers crossed xx

Oh dear :( Do you have an emergency vet?

I know what you mean about emergencies/accidents always happening on the weekend, Barney ate a pair of headphones on the Saturday night just before Christmas Day when everywhere was closed.

Poor Freddie, I hope his little leg is okay and it's nothing too serious xx

Oh goodness ...I had a little giggle at the idea of a bun eating headphones but obviously it was very serious at the time. Poor Barney :(

I really hope it's nothing serious too. I'm going to give it a few hours before I add to the stress by bringing him to the vet. We probably have metecam in our press though ?

I know ... I thought of you and George when I first saw him move his leg funny. How was george when it first happened?

Freddie is eating, grooming , jumping in and out of his litter box and playing with his chill n chew mat so I'm not going to rush him to our (useless) emergency vet just yet.

I remember something similar happening to Bobby once and it resolved by the following morning so I'm hoping for a similar outcome here. Fingers crossed xx

He was quiet for an hour and then completely normal after too. I got him some pain killers that evening to get him through the night (so he didn't actually see the vet properly) because I was paranoid about him being in pain, then saw the normal vet in the morning..... It's so tough to judge it!didn't sleep at all that night and was up checking on him. I feel your worry and I'm still worried now!will be until he stops limping x

Last edited:
He was quiet for an hour and then completely normal after too. I got him some pain killers that evening to get him through the night (so he didn't actually see the vet properly) because I was paranoid about him being in pain, then saw the normal vet in the morning..... It's so tough to judge it!didn't sleep at all that night and was up checking on him. I feel your worry and I'm still worried now!will be until he stops limping x

I can completely understand your worry. I feel the same way. Iv done my back in this past week and am due for physio in the morning so my husband is insisting that I look after myself and not cancel that appointment. I waited a week to see this guy and if I cancel I'm not going to be much use to anyone plus I will still have to pay because I haven't given 24 hours notice. It couldn't have happened at a worse time.

But we can take freddie to the vet in the afternoon.

I can completely understand your worry. I feel the same way. Iv done my back in this past week and am due for physio in the morning so my husband is insisting that I look after myself and not cancel that appointment. I waited a week to see this guy and if I cancel I'm not going to be much use to anyone plus I will still have to pay because I haven't given 24 hours notice. It couldn't have happened at a worse time.

But we can take freddie to the vet in the afternoon.

Totally get you!i was worried about work etc

Did you say you had metacam?

Is it worth giving the emergency vet a call to get the dosage for his weight to tide him over till you can get him in? I think we're going to have two nightmare little boys lol

Totally get you!i was worried about work etc

Did you say you had metacam?

Is it worth giving the emergency vet a call to get the dosage for his weight to tide him over till you can get him in? I think we're going to have two nightmare little boys lol

I have a tiny bit of colvasone left. I think that may be a steroid though rather than metacam :/ I can't remember , it was bobbys before he passed :(

I have a tiny bit of colvasone left. I think that may be a steroid though rather than metacam :/ I can't remember , it was bobbys before he passed :(

You might be able to go and pick some up like I did? It's such a nightmare that vets aren't open at the weekend/when you need them!

I think colvasone is an anti-inflammatory isn't it?

I think colvasone is an anti-inflammatory isn't it?

As far as I'm aware colvasone is a steroid (anti inflammatory)and metacam is a non steroidal anti inflammatory. I know that my vet wouldn't treat him with a steroid first as bunnies are very sensitive to steroids so I'm not sure what to do.

I have watched him carefully and feel that he is doing ok for now with eating etc so I will hold off. I have had a tension head ache for the last few days and was delighted to wake up this morning to no head ache. It's back now with a vengeance !!!

As far as I'm aware colvasone is a steroid (anti inflammatory)and metacam is a non steroidal anti inflammatory. I know that my vet wouldn't treat him with a steroid first as bunnies are very sensitive to steroids so I'm not sure what to do.

I have watched him carefully and feel that he is doing ok for now with eating etc so I will hold off. I have had a tension head ache for the last few days and was delighted to wake up this morning to no head ache. It's back now with a vengeance !!!

Oh I see!
You could ring and ask for some metacam to tide him over?
Although if he's still eating etc he's probably not too uncomfortable

Oh I see!
You could ring and ask for some metacam to tide him over?
Although if he's still eating etc he's probably not too uncomfortable

That's what I did.

As were talking about this, I'm looking at George's foot and it looks very swollen today :( think the swelling is starting to come out a bit :( Gunna keep an eye on it incase he needs another anti inflammatory injection.

What are these boys like!

Back