• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ill buns - how do others cope?

weedug

Mama Doe
I have 4, possibly 5 in various degrees of unwell. Fluff is terminal with his thymoma and has been going downhill quite fast these past couple of weeks. Honey had an op for a blocked nasal passage from snuffles. She hasn't been the same since and stopped eating last night. Thankfully, she has started again. Timmy has his eye ulcers he has had for years, and now has mild snuffles from Honey. Mr Bubble has a bit arthritis he has had for years, and has mild snuffles from Honey.

Medicine rounds seem to take forever, making sure I have the right medicine for the right bun at the right dose. All the ill buns have at least 2 medicines. I'm up before 6 to see to them.

It would help if any of them were getting better, but apart from Bubble's snuffles getting a bit better, there seems no improvement anywhere else.

I also have an elderly dog who has stomach problems and takes seriously ill at a moments notice, and my daughter has special needs and needs a lot of support and help and also needs medication numerous times throughout the day.

Things need to change, because I really can't keep this up. I know that it's nothing compared to others, but that doesn't make it better. Any tips on how to make it easier?

I dont know if you have an OH ? If so could he/she share some of the load with regards to medicating the Rabbits.

Thanks Jane. I do have an OH, but the only help there is sometimes holding Honey for me so I can do her jag :roll:.

I've decided to have a couple of days "off". Everything will obviously still be done, and all meds given, but anything non essential in the house will just need to wait. I've been ill all morning, so maybe that is where this wobble is coming from.

Hugs xx I tend to go into autopilot, comfort eat and craft for escapism but I still attend to all their needs. I am alone during the day but evenings and weekends I do have help and support.

Back