• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milo not well?

MilosMummy

Mama Doe
Not sure what to do with Milo. Got up this morning and he wasn't at all himself. Wasn't enthusiastic about breakfast and half heartedly took a crunchie from me. Ate a bite and them left it. He took a few carrot treats from me but is now sitting in the corner. He isn't hunched really like the other 2 are when they get stasis but he just isn't excited about food. Not sure if I should just bundle him off to the vets or wait. He is still grooming himself which is confusing me.

Last edited:
personally i would take him sooner rather than later, but you could keep an eye on him if you are going to be home. I just always like to take mine to the vet as soon as they show signs to prevent it getting more complicated

i hope milo feels better soon!

Teeth perhaps? Do you have any metacam in? In this situation I would usually give metacam, wait an hour and see how he goes before taking him straight to the vet on a Sunday (unless you know you'll likely get your own vet). Offer fresh treats and herbs, to tempt him. This is of course because he isn't hunched up in pain - if he was in clear distress/pain then I would say vets straight away.

He just had his teeth checked on the 1st September and were perfect. He has no history of dental problems either.

I don't keep metacam here :( Going to watch him for another little while and see. He is sleeping at the moment.

Good luck, hope he feels better soon.

I had the same with my Cassie yesterday morning. She is on meds and improving but still not 100%.

Thanks everyone. It was stasis but the vet thinks we caught it early. He had all the usual meds and has eaten some herbs this afternoon. Hopefully he will be back to his normal self soon :)

He just had some parsley but only because I pestered him. Guess we will be back at the vets in the morning if he doesn't improve overnight.

Just given him some more meds. Nothing else I can do tonight except hope and pray that he is right in the morning. Keep the vibes coming for my little boy.

Back