• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My rabbits are betterrhan alarm clocks, are yours?

tashp90

Warren Veteran
So my girls know how to get my attention at feeding times!

They get their pellets when I wake up in the morning, this is usually between 7 & 8. If they haven't had their pellets by 8, they start making noise. For Marble, who is in the living room, this means throwing things around the room. For Maizie and Daisy, who are in the bedroom, start ripping boxes and chewing the puppy panel bars.

They then get their fenugreek crunchie and meds at around midday. Marble starts bugging me by nudging me and jumping on the sofa etc, and Maizie and Daisy start rearranging the bedroom :roll:

Veggie's come between 10 and 10:30 before I go to bed. It is 10:45 now, and for the last 15 minutes, all 3 rabbits have been throwing things around, and chewing on things to make a racket to get my attention, to remind me that I am late with veggies!

I can pretty much set my clock by them :lol::lol:

What do your buns do around feeding times? Particularly if you are late.

no, mine are like a mugging gang. or street beggars. you walk by, they run round you demanding things you don't really have to spare. :roll:

Mine get hay in the morning, hay in the late afternoon with a treat and then hay, pellets and greens to keep them entertained overnight. If we're late, they lick the waterbottle with force :roll:

no, mine are like a mugging gang. or street beggars. you walk by, they run round you demanding things you don't really have to spare. :roll:
:lol::lol:
Marble will wait by the safety gate blocking the kitchen until I give her something every time I go in there :roll:
Mine get hay in the morning, hay in the late afternoon with a treat and then hay, pellets and greens to keep them entertained overnight. If we're late, they lick the waterbottle with force :roll:
Mine get hay with each feeding time, but they're never as enthusiastic to nag me for that :roll:

ooh, I get the 'waterbottle reminder'!

Amy gets a biscuit in the morning when my mum gets me up to work, pellets late afternoon, more late evening and her haybox topped up, then greens before I go to bed. My mum is actually the one to give her the biscuit, and at any other time completely ignores her. She goes absolutely crazy for that biscuits, running about half binkying in her cage, biting bars and standing up on her hind legs, front paws through the bars, absolutely crazy. She also goes crazy for her pellets, actually pushing the door open to get it quicker, though less desperate. She loves her pellets, though I'm trying to cut them down and get her eating more hay.

Amy gets a biscuit in the morning when my mum gets me up to work, pellets late afternoon, more late evening and her haybox topped up, then greens before I go to bed. My mum is actually the one to give her the biscuit, and at any other time completely ignores her. She goes absolutely crazy for that biscuits, running about half binkying in her cage, biting bars and standing up on her hind legs, front paws through the bars, absolutely crazy. She also goes crazy for her pellets, actually pushing the door open to get it quicker, though less desperate. She loves her pellets, though I'm trying to cut them down and get her eating more hay.
The way mine act when I'm late for food is nothing compared to when I'm trying to give it to them.
I get jumped on, they run around, the jump over each other and everything in the room etc.

Anyone would swear these animals are starved :roll:

I'm quite lucky, mine are very good hay eaters. I don't even measure how much they eat because they chomp so loudly that I know they're eating :lol:

Ha ha Tilly does exactly the same
... My partner normally feeds her in a mornings as I'm either at work or having a lie in so she's gets fed 8:30am and u feed her at 8:30 on a night if were late you can here her throwing her car ball up
And down to ring the bell inside lol
When we do go down she runs to our legs nudging us and then runs to her bowl and looks inside ha ha
Her new thingis at the min is we have the bathroom downstairs as I have mobilty problems and i was sat having a wee ( sorry for detail ha ) and she ran in nudged my leg gave it a quick lick then binkyed out of the room acting really proud of her self as she knows she's not allowed in as she chews the door lol she was sat waiting at the cupbord where her pellets are :)
So we Defo know when it's around half 8 in our house ha I love it though it's so comical ha xxx

My two used to wake me up by thumping and throwing things around the room if I was late :lol: I'd then go downstairs to be greeted by two disapproving little faces staring at me as if to say "How dare you!"

If my two weren't outdoor buns I know they'd definately be letting me know when it's food time! :lol:

Because my two have free range on our deck when we're at home we have to get past them to get in or out of the house. Which means immediately getting mugged before even getting one foot out the door! :lol:

Mine dance around my feet in the mornings when I get up, and Barney buzzes along cause they know it's pellet time.

Unfortunately if I ever get up in the night to get a drink/go to the loo, they think I've woken up because it's morning, and dive for my feet and start their dancing :roll: It's like doing an obstacle course while you're very sleepy around them!

I've just remembered- one day when I was in my room a few hours before her usual feeding time doing stuff, Amy began nudging her bowl very unsubtly.

Mine dance around my feet in the mornings when I get up, and Barney buzzes along cause they know it's pellet time.

Unfortunately if I ever get up in the night to get a drink/go to the loo, they think I've woken up because it's morning, and dive for my feet and start their dancing :roll: It's like doing an obstacle course while you're very sleepy around them!

Is buzzing the same as honking because Rosie always does this when she is about to get pellets or a treat !!!

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Back