• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it wrong to have favourites?

Lucy-Lou

Mama Doe
Obviously I love all my four and treat them equally, and would look after any animal I'd taken on, I'd never ever get bored and rehome one of my bunnies because I was tired of them..

but Barney is my little baby boy :love: I knew it from the first time I met him, as soon as I saw him reaching up for me in the adoption tank at P@H I knew he was my sweetie. He's so clever and affectionate and so full of energy, I don't know how I'd cope without him. I've never bonded with an animal like I have with Barney, I didn't know it was possible. He's like one of my best friends :oops:

Does anyone else have a pet they get on better with than the rest? Or am I just a big meanie? Both the girls are so grumpy, and Peach Pie is just a lazy bun bless him :love: He only likes to just flop out and eat, no time for humans :roll: Barney is the one I have a real 'connection' with, but I feel awful for having a preference! :oops:

I don't think you are mean, i have my quad of bunnies, who are made up of Dandy and Beano, the boys, who when I adopted them from the RSPCA were very nervous, as in when you walked past them they would run and hide :shock: and Apricot and Ginger, my girls, who are not so much nervous but just don't want human interaction. I love them all dearly, and Dandy and Beano have come so far, after 18 months I can now stroke them when they are eating pellets, and they will take food from my hand. Then I have Boots, who I have recently adopted from BARC. He was supposed to be an outside bunny originally but he is just so people orientated that he is a house bunny. He's like my shadow :love: and I have an extra special bond with him because of that. Out of all my pets (dogs, cats, chickens, bearded dragon, goats and rabbits) he is the one that I am closest to, but that is because he wants that too :love:

I love my bunnies in different ways. I had that bond with Dexter who had a tragically short life. I adored Badger because he looked like Dexter, but history repeated itself somewhat & he's died too :cry: now Blueberry is extra special to me because he's his brother & a part of Badger lives on in him. I live in fear of losing Blueberry now.

My girls - Jacquetta & Lady Katherine - are beautiful blue beverans. A very rare breed & took me ages to get them. Lady Katherine is so cheeky, she loves being norty & getting told off, she's the queen of norty binkies :roll::love: but she's so affectionate & loving to me that I actually quite like her norty personality too, she's so funny :love: Jacquetta is more of a scaredy cat so I don't have much of a bond with her sadly, but I can sneak in strokes & she will take treats from my hand. I think Lady Katherine has such a huge personality that poor Jacquetta doesn't get a chance :roll::lol:

Slipper, I have a difficult relationship with. He was bought for me by my ex to replace Dexter, and it's not his fault, but I've never fully been able to accept him as a result. He's a real diva which, depending on my mood, makes me laugh or annoys me. He's very unpredictable & Bitey which doesn't help. Plus he's so food orientated that he wolfs it all down & poor Blueberry doesn't stand a chance. As he's started losing a few grams of weigh, I now separate them at feeding time & give Blueberry a bit extra food & fuss which Slipper hates & kicks up a right fuss as he's eaten all his & wants to pinch poor Blueberry's :roll::cry: my OH hates Slipper though and blames him for Badger's death, but I defend Slipper from him & feel sorry for Slipper. He's such a beautiful rabbit too, you wouldn't be live he's actually the rabbit from Monty python & the holy grail :lol:

Blackavar is very much a people bunny - he loves being snuggled & cuddled & any attention in general :love: he's also prone to stress & depression which causes stasis & he suffers with dental issues so most of my time is taken up with him out of all my bunnies, but he's so loving it's never a chore. I fell out with my grandad at my grandmas 80th birthday party last week because he told me to have Blackavar pts to save money :shock::evil:

Cherry is my new girl. I've only had her a week, but I love her already & crucially, do does Blackavar. He's not the same bunny since she came home & I love her even more for it. She's a wildie x & very nervous - she hides from me, but if I sneak in the bunny room, I can catch a glimpse of them together or her eating. She will take treats from my hand already though so I'm looking forward to getting to know her better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love all 4 of mine, Ronnie and Reggie are very laid back and funny, Mary is short Tempered and will grunt at you to scare you off. Betty is the old timer, she's nearly 6 and a half. Betty will come and head butt your leg so she can be picked up for a cuddle, she'll happily groom anyone within licking distance. She is my grandson's favourite, in fact, Bets was the first word he said, he still calls her Bets and he's nearly 4 :lol:

Yes I definitely had a favourite and it was Bobby.

It's no secret that myself and Rosie have a challenging relationship. Lol xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think of it as having a favourite, just as having a closer bond/more in common with some animals than others.

It's the same with humans - you have close friends and more distant acquaintances, you can't like everyone equally!

It would only be wrong if you gave your "favourite" better food or vet care or suchlike.

Snowflake is my little beauty-kins. He was the one that I initially fell for in the pet shop. Frosty is mr head honcho and lets me stroke him. Tessie and Daisy are both soooooo beautiful to look at. D is much bolder and hangs out with Frosty. I just gaze at them all as they eat :love::love::love:

Mottle is my tricolour beauty with hanging down ears (x) he also lets me stroke him. Peaches, my fluffy little orange beauty, hides away more but is very loving with Mottle and grooms him loads.

The hares (Autumn and Sunshine) are just stunning. They are full of life and spend time running all round their pen, on top of the hutch and just LOVE food time.

Sunshine lets me stroke him a lot (way more than the others). He is a kind of slightly red agouti colour too (x). Autumn is a lovely red autun leaf colour and although she hides from me a bit, will now takes pellets from my hand x

Like Sarah, I love them all in different ways.

I think Thumper's my favourite. It's because she was the one who loved cuddles (though since her spay has not!) but she seems constantly picked on by Coco, although she is finally starting to get her own back and actually does the picking! Thumper is also the less hardy one as she has regular bouts of stasis, the last one being only last week (swiftly followed by Coco; see my thread "I don't believe this"). So yeah, I have a softer spot for Thumper but I do love them both to bits and would be devastated if/when anything happened to either.

It's not wrong.

My first bun Poppy always was & always will be my favourite, she was such a personality and such a little madam. She went through so much and was so strong, I poked and prodded her due to all her medication and not once did she try to nip me.

I love Peter & Pixie but they don't need me the same and are quite happy without contact from me (although they are affectionate). They don't leave their room whereas Poppy would often join me in the lounge.

I can't have favourites as I love them all the same but in different ways for different reasons. I am closer to the ones that are more human friendly though.

lost him last month :cry: as he was the smallest, and I knew he wouldn't live as long but didn't expect to lose him this year, he was my treasure :cry: sox :cry:

If I has to be honest I would say Levi is my 'favourite' but that is because he is the one who most visibly likes me. He gives me licks constantly. And I'm aware that it's rare to find a rabbit that is that much of a softie. But at the same time I love Daisy to pieces too, for different reasons. She is a cheeky madam, who nose bumps me constantly whenever I am in her way and will climb all over me to investigate. She is also more likely to sit still for cuddles than Levi, who likes attention but prefers to sit next to me rather than on me....bottom line like many others have said, favouritism is treating one differently. I treat mine the same and I love them both for different reasons, but naturally we gravitate towards those who show us the most affection 😊

Hubby's favourite is definitely Prudhoe. ..but I can understand that as he just adores his Daddy and it just a love fest between them.
Personally I don't have a favourite. They are all so different and each personality they exhibit are ones I love from being friendly, brave, silly, loving, shy, aloof etc. I love them all so very much and all as much as each other.

Hubby's favourite is definitely Prudhoe. ..but I can understand that as he just adores his Daddy and it just a love fest between them.
Personally I don't have a favourite. They are all so different and each personality they exhibit are ones I love from being friendly, brave, silly, loving, shy, aloof etc. I love them all so very much and all as much as each other.

Not even naughty, clever Sheldon?

Hi in answer your question yes it is probably wrong to have a favourite but I admit I have a favourite :oops: but don't tell will you? But its my smokey he is one grumpy bunny the has the attitude of a teenager but I love him so much :love: I do love bandit to he is more of a cuddly bunny.🐰🐰💜💜

This :) All of mine like headrubs (except Nahla) but none are fussed about me/affectionate towards me, so I'm not closer to any one of them than another.

I feel most sympathy for Wotsit and Ted as they were rescues, and I often give Cupcake more attention as she's poorly, but I genuinely love them all the same.

When I had Benji though... he was my favourite. Purely because he genuinely loved me back :)

Stephen. He's my soul bun so unfortunately no bunny is ever going to have a similar bond whilst he's with me. He's sweet, gentle, loving, he adores noserubs and gives me kisses back, he's a bit cheeky and naughty and flicks his feet at me when he's feeling grumpy but his personality and his gorgeous little face looking up at me make me so happy.

I love Ellie too, don't get me wrong, she's a beautiful little lady with funny little quirks like jumping up onto the sink for attention, but she's more grumpy than happy, she charges and bites, she really doesn't like people so it's difficult to connect with her in the same way as Stephen.

I try to love all my animals equally but since they are all individuals I don't think it's possible to just put a blanket of feeling over them.
Mimzy is of course my first bunny and so we have a special bond, which has been somewhat strained since his head tilt. But he will always be the one who introduced me to a completely different philosophy when it comes to animal companions so we've blazed an awful lot of new territory together. He's taught me much about myself that I never knew. :)

Of course, Jenna is my baby, so she goes with me everywhere. But being a dog she can do that. ;) The bunnies not so much.
Griffy has always been very close to me as well so when Jenna shows up he gets a bit jealous. She just sneezes in his face and smacks him with her tail. It's really hard to keep the peace sometimes. Just like having kids and trying to get them all to get along. :roll:

Back