• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grated litter trays?

miss c

Young Bun
:wave: are their any suitable for bunnies? my two in the shed have been digging thier litter tray out every day for the last few weeks and totally trashing the place :evil:! i havnt got time for a full clean every day :(
They have a deep bedding box to sleep dig what ever but never dig it? but they dig and quite often sleep in the litter tray eww :lol:!

Mottle and Peaches use one tray as a litter box and one to dig in. (64 litre underbed storage boxes).

Mottle and Peaches use one tray as a litter box and one to dig in. (64 litre underbed storage boxes).

Mine too. Rosie uses a covered litter box to do all her business and digging in and another one at the exit (of the covered litter box)with all her fresh hay that she generally doesn't wee on.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

hi thanks i think might give the kitchen thing a try! not sure if they will just attack it though! their little :shock:!!
They have a big underbed box thing as their bed / dig area but their litter tray is big and deep to i want another like it but know idea where i got it from but they still insist on digging the entire contents out? they are just being awkward i swear so im not sure a second box would work, they will prob dig and pee in both!!!!! :roll:
if i took the litter tray out and left the bed/dig box in as a loo and digging box they wont have a bed i have a house thing but it takes up loads of room it was a little hutch so i dont put it in unless really cold maybe i should get a bed bed, but their quite destructive so the sotfy kind is prob a no no, but i have a old dog bed i could try them with i suppose :thumb: !

Pop the tray inside an appropriately sized cardboard box and cut an entrance hole (just big enough for a bunny) that should contain the excavated litter :)

Might be worth having a rearrange and trying their digging box where there tray is.

thanks thats a great idea! will get him to bring a box from work home tomorrow :thumb:
I had a swap round yesterday evening actually after cleaning, thought a change might do them good. However when i went in this morn they have been peeing and digging in both the littler box and bed box ARGH!!!!!!!!! :evil: This means war :evil:

:lol::lol::lol:

Rabbits need to dig. Could you provide them with a container full of scrunched up newspaper to dig in?

My lot have a litter tray per rabbit which seems to help for some reason. Love Tamsin's cardboard box idea. You need more boxes by the sounds of things! Good luck.

Back