• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Communication - during a bunny bonding

Fee

Wise Old Thumper
Hi

If anyone has experience of having their bunnies being bonded by a third party, whether it be a rescue or individual, - what level of communication/feedback did you get while your bunny was away?..

Thanks
Fee x

I had two bonded a few years ago by BARCS and had updates by PM on here and also a photo of the happy couple nomming on a carrot. :lol: Can't remember exactly how many updates I had but I felt happy with it and I also know if I'd phoned at any point Angie would have been happy to tell me how things were going. :)

Hi Fee. My two were away recently and I got daily updates and photos most days too. That was probably because I sent them to a small boarding place rather than a rescue so she had more time to liaise with me, but co would expect every day communication as a minimum*.

How are your two getting on? Xx

[* please note I am a completely paranoid bunny mum and most people would probably think this unreasonable!]

Not too great. Been away over a week and they're not even sitting together!!

Hence my post earlier. My nerves are shot

Just realised my previous post had a few errors - I hate iPhones!! I meant every other day communication! That's a shame that they don't seem to be getting on too well. Do you know whether the people doing the bonding are solely concentrating on them? Have they fought at all or just not bonding? I don't really know what to suggest. 😕

I'm assuming the two buns are yours so if they don't get on you have to keep them separate?!x

No, Willow lost her husbun Smudge a fortnight ago and wasnt doing too well. i took her to the rescue and saw a gorgeous single lop who was just the ticket but sadly they havent gelled.

She has been in since 4th and barring an email last Night, the only communication I had was an email on 8th to say things werent too great so you can understand my concern.

I know rescues are up to their ears but I wasnt sure what everyone elses experiences were regarding communication.reading your post, i dont think you would have thought i was being unreasonable in moaning?...

My nerves are jangled and I just want them to get on, if they dont, i'd rather they started again with another bun... I should hear tonight.... Fingers, toes and bunny paws crossed..

Oh no I definitely didn't think you were unreasonable in your concern at all. I would have been exactly the same. At least in the (hopefully unlikely) event it doesn't work out you can pick a new bun. I was desperate for my two to get on as we took a big gamble in just getting a baby boy and then neutering him and waiting 6 weeks etc. Saw your other post so it sounds like things are going better and go hope that continues 😊 xx

They've contacted me tonight and will hold on to them for another few days as things are progressing at snails pace....

I reckon I am just impatient!!,!

No, Willow lost her husbun Smudge a fortnight ago and wasnt doing too well. i took her to the rescue and saw a gorgeous single lop who was just the ticket but sadly they havent gelled.
Perhaps that might be the problem? Maybe she's still mourning Smudge :(
Give them time, perhaps she's not showing much interest as she's depressed at the moment. She might come around with time.
I really hope it all works out for you all :D

Back