• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bogof

Grrrr .... that makes me really angry too.

I saw a rabbit a few weeks back that was advertised as "very cheap pet to keep, eats toast and dog biscuits" !!! :/

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Oh no... :cry:
They're not pairs of shoes! :x That's the only thing I could see selling like that.

I saw this ad on Gumtree :(

*no links to Free Ads please - http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?128046-New-Rules-for-Free-Ads*

I sent a text with some rehoming advice and asked them not to give him away for free, the guy seems very reasonable and in a difficult situation, saying that this is his only option because the rescues are full and no one would buy his bunny when he put him on for a fee. Wish I could take the poor bunny :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want to incur anyone's wrath, but what's the difference between BOGOF and selling 'two rabbits for £20' or whatever.

Look at it this way at least they will be paired up so won't live alone

Or inter-bred by numpties................

Yes I agree totally with people not breeding their rabbits.

But they have, and these little kits are here and surely it's better that they go as a pair rather than sold as singles. I don't see why buy one get one free is outrageous and buy 2 for £xx garners no comment

But they have, and these little kits are here and surely it's better that they go as a pair rather than sold as singles. I don't see why buy one get one free is outrageous and buy 2 for £xx garners no comment

They are both as bad. Also just because someone buys a pair of rabbits there is no saying that they would know the genders or get them neutered/spayed so there could be many many more unwanted rabbits ... or fights.

It's the inference from the term 'BOGOF' which usually applies to inanimate objects/food products etc. Not to a living being such as a Rabbit. Call me 'sentimental' if you like ( I have be called much worse!!) but I simply dont like referring to a Rabbit in the same way as a bag of potatoes on offer in Tesco !!

Just as it makes my hackles rise when I hear someone refer to a Rabbit as an 'it'.

Back