• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rhinelander Harlequin?

FloLo

Alpha Buck
Hello all,

Have been monitoring my local animal shelters website for boyfriends for my rabbit, Flo!
They have put a male Rhinelander up, no photo or temperament as of yet. Googled them, they look cute!
Anyone owned one before, any anecdotes? :) What sort of size are they?

Thanks! :wave:

Dont know anything about them except that they look gorgeous. I am sure someone on here has them though.

Your black rabbits are just wonderful. Cuteness personified. :love::love:

Never heard of a Rhinelander. :shock: You will have to post a pic of the bun up when they put one on. :thumb:

Dont know anything about them except that they look gorgeous. I am sure someone on here has them though.

Your black rabbits are just wonderful. Cuteness personified. :love::love:

They are so lovely aren't they! Hopefully they are a suitable breed for my Flo.
Aww thank you, they are little terrors though ahaha :lol:

Never heard of a Rhinelander. :shock: You will have to post a pic of the bun up when they put one on. :thumb:

Neither had I! Apparently they are a rare breed? :? Hopefully they'll post one soon, I will definitely upload here once they have!

I've always wanted a Thrianta. :love: Rhinelanders are certainly beautiful buns, sounds like they are quite a large breed. If you end up adopting him you MUST post up lots and lots of pics!

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...ngle-Female-Rhinelander&highlight=Rhinelander

There's some pictures of one on here. I was so convinced 'one of the family' had adopted her but I obviously got confused.:oops: Rhinelanders would still be on my wish list one day along with Thriantas and a few others...

That was Thumper :) One of the family spotted him on a free ad in poor conditions, I collected him and he took a bun run to Wales!

Thumper1b.jpg

Thumper5b.jpg

Thumper15b.jpg

I had to google Rhinelanders, gorgeous bunnies :love: Makes me wonder if my Tess has any Rhinelander in her. She is a big girl with patches but hers are black instead of brown.

I had to google Rhinelanders, gorgeous bunnies :love: Makes me wonder if my Tess has any Rhinelander in her. She is a big girl with patches but hers are black instead of brown.

Could be Rhinelander, could also be Giant Papillion too though. We have two of those at Rabbit Residence at the moment. They are huge!

Rhinelanders are very rare but beautiful rabbits, personally I think they're one of the prettiest breeds. I've only handled a few, they're classed as a giant breed but they're on the small side of a giant, still very heavy though to pick up :lol: Rhinelanders look very similar to tri-colour giant papillons (although these are very rare too)

I have such a soft spot for tricolur rabbits, agouti rabbits and fluffy rabbits (and lots of other kinds)!!!

I have such a soft spot for tricolur rabbits, agouti rabbits and fluffy rabbits (and lots of other kinds)!!!

Can you imagine if you came across & tricolour lionhead.... & one of the three colours was agouti?! :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you imagine if you came across & tricolour lionhead.... & one of the three colours was agouti?! :lol:

I would probably feint!!! Do you remember that pretty rabbit in RIN that we both fell in love with?:love:

I would probably feint!!! Do you remember that pretty rabbit in RIN that we both fell in love with?:love:

Oh yes, I haven't forgotten her! If I hadn't just reserved Cherry, I'd have had her for Blackavar :lol:

I've always wanted a Thrianta. :love: Rhinelanders are certainly beautiful buns, sounds like they are quite a large breed. If you end up adopting him you MUST post up lots and lots of pics!

Here is a pick of him! He doesn't look 100% Rhinelander as he doesn't have the right shape markings. But he is super cute!!!!
0_s.jpg

They also have this super adorable lop x on there too!
0_s.jpg

Back