• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

People who have ever boarded their rabbits....

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
...did you find them at all different when they came back?

I just got my pair back from two weeks boarding and Apache has slightly changed his habits and routine. I am watching him super carefully because he was ill while I was away (stasis), so I'm not sure whether he's still feeling a bit poorly, or whether it's just due to the stress, journey and change of surroundings? Any thoughts? I haven't used boarding for years so can't tell.

They've only been back a day so haven't had time to fully settle in yet.

It may well be stress related. What was the cause of his gut stasis and when was he ill ?

I assume that his input and output is now normal ?

Thanks Jane

He was ill Sunday morning, in the vets till Monday morning. There was no cause found for the stasis - he had it once before, about three years ago, and there was no cause found for that one either.

There's nothing majorly different, just little things - like he always used to go straight behind the fridge as soon as he was let out of the cage, and he always would rattle the bars 6am sharp for breakfast, and he wouldn't allow the wastepaper basket to stay standing up. :? But I guess he could have forgotten those things by being in a different environment for a while?

He is eating and pooping just the same as always. (ie a lot :lol: )

Thanks Jane

He was ill Sunday morning, in the vets till Monday morning. There was no cause found for the stasis - he had it once before, about three years ago, and there was no cause found for that one either.

There's nothing majorly different, just little things - like he always used to go straight behind the fridge as soon as he was let out of the cage, and he always would rattle the bars 6am sharp for breakfast, and he wouldn't allow the wastepaper basket to stay standing up. :? But I guess he could have forgotten those things by being in a different environment for a while?

He is eating and pooping just the same as always. (ie a lot :lol: )

It sounds as though he is just a bit unsettled. Hopefully he'll get back into his usual routine after a few days.

Thanks :) It's odd that it's him and not Skye as he is usually a lot more easygoing about new situations than she is. But I guess if he's been poorly it will make it worse.

Ta Jane :wave:

Yes my bunnies are a bit off for want of a better word when they come back it's just them getting used to everything as they've had a change

My rabbits were a bit quiet and disassociated from us when they returned from boarding. It took them a few days to settle back in.

I hope Apache settles back in at home and is feeling more like himself soon. :love:

My two were in boarding for the very first time last week, I picked them up on Friday, and they were a little different for the night, but soon got back to their usual selves.

Yep.. At one boarder their poops took ages to become big , they were minute black pellets..

When they come back from Aunty Alis they are fine, no upset and eating and pooing just fine x

I would go as far as to say they miss their aunty ali because she gives them foraged noms!! 😄

Mine were a little quiet when they first came home but I think it was car stress. They did turn their noses up at their usual veggies because the boarder had given them kale - their favourite! :lol:

Heehee.. Thats what Ali does, she gives them foraged hawthorn and bramble etc, they love it... My pickings are looked down on...and bunny noses turned up!!,

I feel the need to add - mine have gone off all hay (been back a week now) cos the boarder uses bales... we don't have space for bales... they're not eating anywhere near as much as usual!!! little g**s

I boarded Slipper for the first time last year & when he came home he was very quiet & subdued. I spent two days not getting savaged everytime I tried to feed him :shock: I was quite worried actually it's not at all like Slipper, but on the third day I got a nasty bite so yeah Slipper was back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think pets just learn a new routine when they are away. Takes a couple of days to settle in, I think.

Thanks all :) He seems ok now, touch wood - he is eating like a horse, and getting extra meals because he's lost some weight. Skye is jealous. :lol:

I realised the other day that he is at least 7.5 years old and could be much more :shock: So I guess the stress of boarding and travelling maybe takes more out of him now he's getting on a bit. :(

Back