• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Victoria Meldrew

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Another friend from days gone by

For those who have never heard of her she was a Breeding Doe who was kept in a 4ft hutch for almost 3 years. She only came out to be mated. Consequently she had osteoporosis, arthritis, abscessated feet resulting in her having to have two toes amputated and sore hocks. She also had Breast Cancer and Uterine Cancer and underwent a mastectomy and a spay once it was established that the cancer had not spread to her internal organs. She did really well for almost 2 years and the horrendously aggressive Rabbit that she was when I took her in (hence her name) became a great big softy who loved a cuddle.

Eventually the infection in her feet became too much and whilst she was always very upbeat within herself it was obvious that we could not keep her pain under control. So we had to let her go. I often think of her, she was a real character xx

Oh bless her :love: I'm so pleased you got to have love and a good life in the end :thumb:

Oh bless her :love: I'm so pleased you got to have love and a good life in the end :thumb:

She was a lovely girl :love: When she arrived she would growl and lunge at me if I went any-where near her. Cant blame her for that after spending 3 years in a 4ft box.

:love:.. What a life, poor wee soul. At least she found safety and love with you. X

Aww. Poor little soul. A four foot box. Only coming out to be mated. People are so utterly heartless.

How great that she came to live with you!

Fastastic name btw. Up there with bunjovi and flymo.

Beautiful girl - we had a Frenchie Daisy who was rescued from a three foot hutch. Actually it was probably smaller. She had Cartrophen injections through her year with us but was a free range house bun for that year. Such a lovely girl :love:

Ohhhh...what a gorgeous black loppy! :love: My weakness.... :D
You've done so much good for so many, Jane...you really inspire me. :) xxxxx

Such a sad story :( but thanks to you, she found love and happiness to take with her to the bridge - you really are a hero Jane xxx

Back