• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've Made the Vet Think

Cari

Warren Veteran
:D

I'm very happy. After my absolute disgust when the emergency vet tranced Stephen to examine his teeth I sent an email to the practice asking that someone raise the issue with him as it is not an appropriate way of holding a rabbit.

Fast forward to today and I've just had a phone call from said vet apologising for upsetting Stephen and I and promising he'll never do it again. He says it's now been raised with all the vets in the practice who have been discussing it, which sounds awesome, and that it is purely his age and training which made him think it was acceptable. I was a bit embarrassed to get a phone call to be honest as I hate conflict and would have much preferred an email, but he seemed genuinely sorry for distressing Stephen and assured me that he will be spending time with the younger vets to learn their handling techniques. He then thanked me for being understanding and said I was clearly a knowledgeable owner as I bought Stephen in so early after showing symptoms. :oops: I just said it's because Stephen loves me so he lets me know when he's ill. :love:

:thumb: success!

Funny, the vet surgeon (non of the vet nurses who are young) did this to Finn when checking for his sex, he was behaving very badly mind and at the time I didn't know the dangers!

Its good that some vets seem willing to realize that they have been ''old fashioned'' and need to learn something new!

I often wondered if I should have let the surgery know of their vet surgeons old fashioned ways...

How nice of the vet to call you like that. Not many would, I'm sure. Well done for getting such a good result.:thumb:

Back