• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would anyone like to adopt ....

luna

Mama Doe
"Lady" Rosie ? She is quite legally driving me round the bend with her angry and destructive behaviour:/

This has all started since I got Freddie and is getting worse every day. She won't stop coming up on the couch and digging at me and pulling threads from the couch.

When I clap my hands and scoot her off ... She does a victory dance around the living room and comes straight back up for more trouble and is very confronting. She comes up and stares at me and just digs at me. When I touch her she grunts.

I'm considering blocking off her access to the living room but feel bad doing that. Not sure what to do. I can't relax in the evenings and end up going to bed feeling irritable !!!

We have taken out :(

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Haven't you been allowing Freddie into living room?

If the stronger his scent is in the area, the worse she's going to be.
Especially as he's not neutered yet...he probably stinks to her!

Haven't you been allowing Freddie into living room?

If the stronger his scent is in the area, the worse she's going to be.
Especially as he's not neutered yet...he probably stinks to her!

I'm not sure what the obsession with the couch is though. She started doing it about a month ago. I started letting freddie into the living room a week ago but he has not been on the couch.

She is funny about his scent.she does bunny 500's sometimes when scent marking stuff after he has been near it. Lol. Can't figure her out xx

I'm not sure what the obsession with the couch is though. She started doing it about a month ago. I started letting freddie into the living room a week ago but he has not been on the couch.

She is funny about his scent.she does bunny 500's sometimes when scent marking stuff after he has been near it. Lol. Can't figure her out xx

I'm not sure about the sofa. Marble was the same with the underneath of my bed so I stopped her going under there.
I've stopped Marble from getting on the sofa now because she kept peeing on it...could you stop Rosie from getting up there? As soon as Marble jumps up, I usher her straight down.

I'm not sure about the sofa. Marble was the same with the underneath of my bed so I stopped her going under there.
I've stopped Marble from getting on the sofa now because she kept peeing on it...could you stop Rosie from getting up there? As soon as Marble jumps up, I usher her straight down.

She takes offence at being told what to do. Iv tried clapping, ushering , nudging her bum, shouting no, diverting her attention etc.

When I do all these things she bunny 500's around the whole of the downstairs and lands up right on top of me staring at me and daring me to try again. It's one big game to her. Our couch is a massive corner one so I'm usually on one end and she sneaks up on the other side.

It's funny sometimes. I'm just in a mood today because it's a certain time of the month. Lol !!! And I could have benefitted from some peace and quiet with my hot water bottle.

I have to admit to actually laughing out loud on the train when I read about Rosie doing her victory dance around the living room! I know it's probably not funny at the time though. It's a bit like she's asserting her dominance over you never mind Freddie!! She sounds like a right little madam! (I heart little madams though)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She takes offence at being told what to do. Iv tried clapping, ushering , nudging her bum, shouting no, diverting her attention etc.

When I do all these things she bunny 500's around the whole of the downstairs and lands up right on top of me staring at me and daring me to try again. It's one big game to her. Our couch is a massive corner one so I'm usually on one end and she sneaks up on the other side.

It's funny sometimes. I'm just in a mood today because it's a certain time of the month. Lol !!! And I could have benefitted from some peace and quiet with my hot water bottle.

I actually think that it is and she is having great fun with no concept that you arent.

Is there any way that you could restrict her so that you can have your own space? You can get some very high puppy pens or even make a wooden/mesh screen with a door in it if you are a d.i.y. kind of person.

Best of luck. Its not easy to have your space invaded when you need to just chill.

I have to admit to actually laughing out loud on the train when I read about Rosie doing her victory dance around the living room! I know it's probably not funny at the time though. It's a bit like she's asserting her dominance over you never mind Freddie!! She sounds like a right little madam! (I heart little madams though)

Oh she so is. It's a major battle of wills !!!!! I have to admit, I found it funny to begin with too but one day I came in to find she had destroyed part of our ikea karlstad couch. The covers for these couches cost a fortune to replace so I was really annoyed.

So now I see red every time she goes up because she does it to get a rise out of me, and it works !!!

I actually think that it is and she is having great fun with no concept that you arent.

Is there any way that you could restrict her so that you can have your own space? You can get some very high puppy pens or even make a wooden/mesh screen with a door in it if you are a d.i.y. kind of person.

Best of luck. Its not easy to have your space invaded when you need to just chill.

Oh yes I have consisered this. I was thinking of restricting her access to the living room and actually keeping her in the kitchen and putting a stair gate on that room. The only thing is its wooden floors / tiles so I was thinking of getting some mats and more toys and tunnels that I can take out for free range time.

We have leather couches in that room so I might need to block off that area too.

My only concern is that she would feel abandoned and ignored. But then again she doesn't like me anyway so it probably doesn't matter :/

Oh she so is. It's a major battle of wills !!!!! I have to admit, I found it funny to begin with too but one day I came in to find she had destroyed part of our ikea karlstad couch. The covers for these couches cost a fortune to replace so I was really annoyed.

So now I see red every time she goes up because she does it to get a rise out of me, and it works !!!

No she doesn't, she's a rabbit :lol: She's realised it's fun to dig and bite there so she's got her little mind set on it, and that's what she wants to do.

I do feel like people anthropomorphise their pets too much... she's not doing anything to deliberately annoy you I'm sure. (Though I recognise that it doesn't make it any less annoying!)

Oh yes I have consisered this. I was thinking of restricting her access to the living room and actually keeping her in the kitchen and putting a stair gate on that room. The only thing is its wooden floors / tiles so I was thinking of getting some mats and more toys and tunnels that I can take out for free range time.

We have leather couches in that room so I might need to block off that area too.

My only concern is that she would feel abandoned and ignored. But then again she doesn't like me anyway so it probably doesn't matter :/

It won't be for long though; she'll soon be bonded and have some bunny companionship again and ! Poor you! I really sympathise, it's not so funny when your furniture starts getting ruined!! I have stair gates and rugs and then yesterday I got big square of cheapish carpet from the carpet shop (the man thought I was bonkers when I explained what it's for) it folds away quite neatly behind the bed area and then I throw it on the floor at binky time to stop sports injuries 😉!

No she doesn't, she's a rabbit :lol: She's realised it's fun to dig and bite there so she's got her little mind set on it, and that's what she wants to do.

I do feel like people anthropomorphise their pets too much... she's not doing anything to deliberately annoy you I'm sure. (Though I recognise that it doesn't make it any less annoying!)

Lol ... Oh I don't know Chloe. I would have agreed with you up until a few weeks ago but you haven't met this little madam. She gets this menacing look in her eyes and gives me the death stare and I know it's about to start. Hehe !!!

Sure we will see , I will put my kitchen plan into action. If she can't go up on the couch anymore , it won't be an issue :)

It won't be for long though; she'll soon be bonded and have some bunny companionship again and ! Poor you! I really sympathise, it's not so funny when your furniture starts getting ruined!! I have stair gates and rugs and then yesterday I got big square of cheapish carpet from the carpet shop (the man thought I was bonkers when I explained what it's for) it folds away quite neatly behind the bed area and then I throw it on the floor at binky time to stop sports injuries 😉!

Hehe ... I can relate. Every time I buy lino and explain what its for ...it's either met by an awkward silence or nervous laughter :)

Lol ... Oh I don't know Chloe. I would have agreed with you up until a few weeks ago but you haven't met this little madam. She gets this menacing look in her eyes and gives me the death stare and I know it's about to start. Hehe !!!

Sure we will see , I will put my kitchen plan into action. If she can't go up on the couch anymore , it won't be an issue :)

She sounds like such a character :lol:

She sounds like such a character :lol:

Aww she is and I feel bad about my ranting because despite everything I really do care about her and appreciate most of her little quirks.
I wouldn't have started the blog otherwise. Her antics do have me in stitches a lot of the time. I'm sure I will get back to that point when the chaos settles :) also I think when you have any form of low grade pain or physical discomfort , patience and tolerance can be the first thing to go xx

Aww she is and I feel bad about my ranting because despite everything I really do care about her and appreciate most of her little quirks.
I wouldn't have started the blog otherwise. Her antics do have me in stitches a lot of the time. I'm sure I will get back to that point when the chaos settles :) also I think when you have any form of low grade pain or physical discomfort , patience and tolerance can be the first thing to go xx

The more I hear of Rosie, the more she makes me laugh at her antics, but she certainly reminds of Slipper with the attitude & I know how annoying that is so I understand how you feel!

Reminds me of when I had house bunnies and heard a lot of noise once. I ran down the stairs to find Clover ripping up the carpet, strand by strand. I went nuts attempting to stop her, and Dusty was cowering in the corner, but Clover just carried on, as she had no idea that what she was doing was causing my reaction. :lol:

How very very true.

Rosie has such bunnitude! Spenser can be very defiant naughty, but fortunately I am not a tidy person, nor do I mind him chewing everything that takes his fancy. He does mainly live in my room, and I need to be more careful when he is out and about elsewhere in the house.

Back