• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Making Hay While the Sun Shines

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
There is loads of plantain and clover in my grass as a result of me covering the entire garden with hay several years ago. So this weekend I got the secateurs out and hand cut the best patches. It is now drying out on raised panels to make a clover and plantain hay

Not that there will be much of it !!

Great idea :thumb: my lawn is very long at the moment as the lawnmower broke, then we were away, and I must admit I thought I could virtually make hay with it :lol:

I am going to send you both my guinea pigs :lol

Fab idea Jane - I am going to buy some grass seed (again :shock:)

xxx

Oh my :shock: you mean it can be done that simply? :shock: I always thought hay making of any kind was a huge and complicated production and have kicked myself every year that I didn't have the "equipment" necessary to dry out some of our wild hayseed for the bunnies...not that I'd really have any great place to store it but I guess it could've been kept in our arctic entryway. :(

I'm a bit bummed with myself now. :(

But you know what they say about how good homemade is versus store bought...even if it is only a wee bit. ;) :love:

Doing it on the mesh is a great idea as it won't need turning so much as their air can get around it. It dries really quick in good weather too.

Bet the buns will love it :)

Back