• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel sick (bunnies on Dr Phil)

luna

Mama Doe
Eew .. There is a woman on dr Phil who has around ten rabbits. She treats them all like babies, puts them in dresses and matching socks,they wear nappies all day and she trances them to sing them lullabies and read them bed time stories.

And lastly ... I wish I could unhear the last part. She tried to breast feed one of them.

I am appalled :(

Absolutely everything about it is abuse !!!

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

There was programme on these women who get dolls that are so lifelike, its scary, they dress them up, put them in prams and take them in car seats.. They buy nappies and expensive baby clothes..

There was one women, god bless her, who had a real life doll made up to resemble her deceased grandchild who died as an infant... That really was disturbing.. Her husband was really upset over it...

There was programme on these women who get dolls that are so lifelike, its scary, they dress them up, put them in prams and take them in car seats.. They buy nappies and expensive baby clothes..

There was one women, god bless her, who had a real life doll made up to resemble her deceased grandchild who died as an infant... That really was disturbing.. Her husband was really upset over it...

I saw this too. It was very sad and the women just seemed so consumed with it but so empty at the same time :(

Dr Phil basically told the woman she was in a state of regression and needed to form some human attachments.

I think most of them were frenchies and they were cradled like babies in every scene :/

I was impressed by dr Phil though. He knew the life span of a rabbit and knew that larger rabbits lived relatively shorter lives. He told her to be prepared for a lot of loss in the next couple of years because they were getting old.

She tried to put her nipple in a rabbits mouth? With those teeth? :shock:

I hope she gets help, and that her rabbits are well cared for. Although from what you've said, I don't see much hope of that.

She tried to put her nipple in a rabbits mouth? With those teeth? :shock:

I hope she gets help, and that her rabbits are well cared for. Although from what you've said, I don't see much hope of that.

Yes ...She said it latched on and it was the best feeling in the world. Ugh !

What really irritated me was that when she had the bunny cradled(tranced) for night time story ..She had some finger puppet that she would tickle his nose with.

I have never met a bunny that likes having its nose touched. But this bunny was tranced so just put up with it.

Last edited:
Yes ...She said it latched on and it was the best feeling in the world. Ugh !

:shock:

Barney's nipped my boob before :oops: and it was so painful! I think if I tried to breast feed him I would be going to A&E and looking very embarrassed (and rightly so!)

It sounds like that 'My Monkey Baby' programme that was on a while back, vile people buying baby monkeys that had been forcibly separated from their mothers and dressing them in doll's clothes. It was heartbreaking :cry:

:shock:

Barney's nipped my boob before :oops: and it was so painful! I think if I tried to breast feed him I would be going to A&E and looking very embarrassed (and rightly so!)

It sounds like that 'My Monkey Baby' programme that was on a while back, vile people buying baby monkeys that had been forcibly separated from their mothers and dressing them in doll's clothes. It was heartbreaking :cry:

Oh I never saw the monkey baby programme. The ads were enough to put me off :/ !!!

I really love my boys very much but I think that's going a little too far:oops:

She wasn't even allowing them to be real bunnies. I didn't see a litter box in sight and they were all so fat they could barely move. She was feeding them mashed banana from a bowl with a spoon.

And nappies ... surely that would give them urine scald :(

Wow that sounds awful. The poor, poor things. The woman definitely sounds mentally ill, that's not normal. I've seen the programme with the lifelike dolls too but no-one gets hurt pretending those are babies! The woman needs to get one of those instead.

I am totally in favour of breastfeeding - what was known as a 'radical mother' in those days - I've even heard of/understood people breastfeeding their baby livestock (goats) when it was the only way to keep a precious food source alive in drought-ridden countries - but I want everyone to know and understand that, in my opinion, breastfeeding is for babies, human babies, not rabbits! not rabbits! urgh! sorry, but urgh!

Back