• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best indoor cages for rabbits

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
I need some ideas for an indoor cage that can be used as a base in a bunny proofed bedroom

I'm not sure if a dog crate would be the best option, I can't actually think of any other options though :lol:

I have an outdoor wooden hutch inside and leave the doors open. She likes going in there, I did put her litter tray in there but she manages to nudge it out and pull it with her teeth, so I now leave it out as I've got the message! I put her water and food bowl in there though.

Depends on whether a rabbit(s) are going to be shut in it at any point?

I currently have a ferplast cage as a base (literally just a place for hay, water and a litter tray) which has a pen on the front of it (similar to that linked above). My bunnies go in this when I'm not at home and free range when I am in.

I've just ordered one of the Boyles enclosures linked above though to replace in the pen :) and they'll still free range when I'm home.

I decided against a dog crate after reading a few things about bunnies getting their legs caught because the bars are wider than a rabbit cage. You could solve that by adding mesh though I guess.

I quite fancy something like this
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/146507794103122123/

Although a the moment I have the XL dog crate. but looking ofr someting a bit "prettier" its only a bedtime base... so would still have free range of house and garden.... just cant find this actual sized hutch anywhere still available.

Pretty isnt necessarily practical, but its in our lounge and I fancy something nicer thana dog crate!

I prefer joining up those square grids. I always change my mind about space/ furniture etc etc, so something that changes shape with my mind works best for me. And therefore for bunny :D:wave:

Oh my gosh those boyles enclosures are adorable! I've asked my brother and my mums boyfriend if they can help put together something like that, I need something sooner than their six to eight weeks really. Doubt either of them will bother helping me though :lol:

I prefer joining up those square grids. I always change my mind about space/ furniture etc etc, so something that changes shape with my mind works best for me. And therefore for bunny :D:wave:

I agree. I really like the grids as they can be changed around plus I always seem to have at least one jumper so I like that I can have a roof and levels :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Well,yes, but he has to just sleep behind the settee :p

Aww. When Mottle and Peaches were indoors they loved it behind the settee (in fact they made a tiny hole and slept inside the settee we discovered when we moved them out and moved the settee)!

Mine are just free range in their bedroom the whole time, there isn't anything in there for them to eat except their own stuff :lol:

Back