• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poorly Charlie

Oh no :cry: What's wrong ?

I hope he will feel better soon xx

Hes not eating. Hes alert but a bit cold so just keeping him warm. Theres 2 lumps in his dewlap too :(

I'm so worried and stressed, I have literally no income right now so living on my savings which are obviously dwindling.

Not long got in, within a few minutes of being in his pen he nibbled a pellet and a bit of hay. He's had fluids and painkiller and zantac. Vet thinks lumps are just fatty lumps and not an issue and she said his teeth are long but shouldn't be the issue, so just meds and syringe feeding until he's out of stasis.

Hoping to do as little syringe feeding as possible because he really, really hates the recovery food but at least he's had a little nibble.

If he hates the Recovery Feed then you could make a liquid feed using the pellets he has. Soak a few in boiling water, then once they are all soft mash them down and add more cold water until the liquid is of a consistency that you can get into a syringe.

Sending more 'Get Well Soon' vibes for him xx

Baby food helps make recovery tastier, just make sure it's one that's pure fruit or veg (no cereals etc). Ella's Kitchen do a couple that are pure fruit.

Sending vibes xx

If he hates the Recovery Feed then you could make a liquid feed using the pellets he has. Soak a few in boiling water, then once they are all soft mash them down and add more cold water until the liquid is of a consistency that you can get into a syringe.

Sending more 'Get Well Soon' vibes for him xx

He hates it because of the liquid, he has a thing about wet food so even if it was liquid pellets he'd hate it anyway. He won't even eat veg if it's slightly damp, he's really picky with it :roll:

Vibes for Mr Charlie! Seriously though, aversion to wet food AND fruit!?!

Talk about high maintenance!!!:shock:

:love::love:

What the... when the hell did you post this?! I was with you the whole time! :shock: Stealth posting!

Glad Charlie has had a munch of hay. I'm sure he will be back to his usual (pathetic) self tomorrow. :love: Tell him he's not allowed to get poorly when you have made plans! :lol:

Vibes for Mr Charlie! Seriously though, aversion to wet food AND fruit!?!

Talk about high maintenance!!!:shock:

:love::love:

I know! He's always been offered fruit, but he once took a TINY bite of apple skin and that's all he's let near his mouth. He actually thumps at me if I offer him strawberry! He won't touch any fruit at all. And when my mam brings them veg(her favourite job, it makes them love her :lol: ), if it isn't properly dry he just leaves it at her feet and waits for her to go and dry it more for him :roll: If it's damp on the outside, he won't even take a bite. And there's only 3 or 4 different veg he will eat. He won't even eat herbs.

He pretty much fails at being a rabbit, really!

What the... when the hell did you post this?! I was with you the whole time! :shock: Stealth posting!

Glad Charlie has had a munch of hay. I'm sure he will be back to his usual (pathetic) self tomorrow. :love: Tell him he's not allowed to get poorly when you have made plans! :lol:

When I was on my tablet!

I hadn't offered him pellets for a while (Milly was just demolishing any I left near him), so I shook them and he came up and stuck his nose through the bars of their pen. Took the pellets with so much force I felt his teeth scrape my finger :lol: Went and ate a bit more hay when I stopped giving him them. Still not eating as much as normal but he is at least eating some now.

I was going to give him another feed of recovery food, but if he eats some more pellets before I go to bed then I think I'll leave it at that, and wake up in a few hours and either give more pellets or do a feed then. If he can eat enough to be happy over night I'd rather not stress him with the recovery.

He's given Milly a groom too (he was ignoring her when she asked earlier) and he's washed all of the recovery food he got covered with earlier off himself. Clearly feeling a bit better, hopefully he'll stay this way!

We have poos :D A couple of tiny, tiny ones but then some that aren't too bad. Small but not tiny. Only time I'm ever so relieved to see any sort of animal poo :lol:

Back