• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbiting on & RWAF membership

Micky93

Young Bun
I've just brought the annual subscription to the rabbiting on magazine/RWAF membership and am just curious as to what happens now? I know there was a recent print of the summer/autumn edition, so will I receive that or have to wait until winter? Would love to hear anybody else's experience when they first signed up :)

(Can you tell I'm excited about it?! :lol: )

My husband signed me up a couple of years ago at Xmas and about two weeks later I received whatever the latest edition had been and my membership pack. There was a delay due to it being Xmas I think. I absolutely love Rabbiting On magazine, so much that I ended up buying all the back issues. Seeing the magazine come through the letter box makes my day :thumb:

I've just brought the annual subscription to the rabbiting on magazine/RWAF membership and am just curious as to what happens now? I know there was a recent print of the summer/autumn edition, so will I receive that or have to wait until winter? Would love to hear anybody else's experience when they first signed up :)

Excellent! Well done :thumb: you will loooovvve the magazine :thumb:

You should get a little pack, with a magazine (prob the one just released) and a little booklet and stuff!
You will also be signed up to "first alerts" where you get news via RWAF emails etc :wave:

There's also the option to join a local "hopper group" too (if there is one:p)
I coordinate the Bristol hoppers, we meet have a coffee, chat rabbits and I organise different events too
:thumb:

Excellent! Well done :thumb: you will loooovvve the magazine :thumb:

You should get a little pack, with a magazine (prob the one just released) and a little booklet and stuff!
You will also be signed up to "first alerts" where you get news via RWAF emails etc :wave:

There's also the option to join a local "hopper group" too (if there is one:p)
I coordinate the Bristol hoppers, we meet have a coffee, chat rabbits and I organise different events too
:thumb:

Aw how lovely! I hadn't heard of the hopper group! I'm in Devon too but in the Exeter area so Bristol is a bit too far, so will keep my fingers crossed there may be one nearby :D

Aw how lovely! I hadn't heard of the hopper group! I'm in Devon too but in the Exeter area so Bristol is a bit too far, so will keep my fingers crossed there may be one nearby :D
I'm from taunton and go to the Bristol group :lol:

I'm pretty sure there is poss a couple in Devon! When your membership is set up, email the RWAF and they will put you in contact with your nearest group :wave:

I'm pretty sure there is poss a couple in Devon! When your membership is set up, email the RWAF and they will put you in contact with your nearest group :wave:
You could probably Google it :lol: I know there's one in Somerset according to the Internet, not sure how active they are though.

My stuff arrived quickly but I never got a membership number and when I asked for one they still didn't send it :(

Also they didn't reply when I contacted them needing vet advice.

I enjoy the magazine but I personally don't believe they do some of the things they offer when you pay!

My stuff arrived quickly but I never got a membership number and when I asked for one they still didn't send it :(

I enjoy the magazine but I personally don't believe they do some of the things they offer when you pay!

To be fair that's really unusual, every time I email for advice they reply straight away :thumb: isn't your membership number in the piece if paper with your address on that comes with the magazine each time?:wave:

Hello Micky

You'll receive your joining pack in the post. It will include the Autumn issue of Rabbiting On, a Members' Handbook, a copy of our Hop To It booklet, your membership card with your number and your A Hutch Is Not Enough car/window sticker. Your Winter Rabbiting On will arrive around November

Hesperus, when did you write please? I try to answer all queries the same day, but our server blocks email addresses if there is a blacklisting somewhere so it's well worth checking your own email address online to see whether that is the case with you. You can still get a message to me by a pm here or by using our enquiry form http://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/contact/index.php Again I attempt to answer all of them the same day. We are VERY keen to get vet information to ANYBODY who writes to us or calls us, member or not. And when we launch the new website, which we hope will be soon, all vet details from our Rabbit Friendly list will be there on an interactive map so people can get the information any time, day or night and they don't need wait for me to get through my hundreds of emails.

We certainly try our level best to give an excellent service and we do give members what we advertise. Please get in touch and let's sort out the problems you've been having

To be fair that's really unusual, every time I email for advice they reply straight away :thumb: isn't your membership number in the piece if paper with your address on that comes with the magazine each time?:wave:

Thanks for this Willowsmum.

Yes, whenever a mag is mailed out, the membership number is printed on the address label along with the due renewal date, which for many people now isn't an issue because they pay by recurring payment

Anybody can email, I answer all of the mails I get (except spam!)

You could probably Google it :lol: I know there's one in Somerset according to the Internet, not sure how active they are though.

Some of our volunteers are coordinating getting new Hopper Groups set up in various areas where people have made requests. Again please email hq@rabbitwelfare.co.uk or else use our online form http://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/contact/index.php or pm me here. I have notifications turned on so the site emails me when I get a message - but at my other email address and I answer hq mails first as they are generally more urgent

Some of our volunteers are coordinating getting new Hopper Groups set up in various areas where people have made requests. Again please email hq@rabbitwelfare.co.uk or else use our online form http://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/contact/index.php or pm me here. I have notifications turned on so the site emails me when I get a message - but at my other email address and I answer hq mails first as they are generally more urgent

I'm a member of the Bristol Hopper Group now :)

Thanks though!

You are amazing at answering emails - thank you lots for all the advice you've given me

Thanks Dumblepaws. Wish I'd started a bit earlier today though... would love to be downstairs with the bunnies watching Mr Witcher.... I can hear it, but I am WAY behind. Oops! Have to clear them though ready for tomorrow's

Back