• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cat flap for buns - fitting through a garage wall?

Rabcat

Mama Doe
Hi All :wave:

Has anybunny had a cat flap fitted through a garage wall? I ask as my buns have the garage as their base and I would like them to be able to go out into a run at their own leisure.

They all get free range time when I am at home but I want better for them so that they can have more things to do.

Ta :D x

I have only fitted thru wooden doors not bricks I think unless you are very confident at cutting holes in walls I would possibly find someone else to do it :D

Hi :wave:

I'm not sure a cat flap would work in a brick wall but then i've not had much experience with cat flaps, but a wooded door would easily work but yes cutting a hole in the brick will be hard work and take time.

Not a cat flap, but I recently needed a hole putting in a wall at my shop for an aircon outlet, and I got a plumber to come to do it, he drilled through a 6" hole with a special hole cutting tool in less than half an hour :thumb:

Thanks everyone :wave:

I couldn't possibly do it myself - more likely to have the whole garage down knowing me :roll:

I suppose a builder would be the right person...

Yep, builder or plumber, I wouldn't have thought of plumber but they need to drill big holes for soil pipes etc, it was my OH who came up with the idea :thumb:

Back