• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Barney has an announcement to make UD p19

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Thought it would be nice to pop on and give a Barney update as he has been with us 3 months now :shock:

As you may have read previously it turned out he had a nasty urine infection on arrival. Once we found an antibiotic that did not upset his appetite this cleared up quickly. Barney came to us due to his gut issues but from day one we have never seen any evidence of a gut problem. We slowly reduced the huge amount of medication he was on and he has now been completely medication free for weeks with no set backs at all. He can also eat all the foods our other rabbits eat including ss pellets with no problems. So we now have a completely happy and healthy rabbit :D

So Barney would now like to announce that he has a new friend :love: It is early days but so far so good! He and Hallie met nearly two weeks ago and seem to have settled very quickly. Hallie came to us as she had repeated facial abscesses. We thought her days were seriously numbered but miraculously she seems to have made a great recovery. Both are very lively and happy bunnies so make a good couple.

They moved into their permanent accommodation yesterday - a playhouse in its own aviary. At the moment they are still restricted to just the playhouse but we will slowly build up their space over the next week. Hopefully its all onwards and upwards for these two now :love:

P1060680.jpg

P1060683.jpg

P1060687.jpg

P1060692.jpg

P1060695.jpg

P1060704.jpg

P1060707.jpg

P1060714.jpg

Last edited:
Gosh Hallie looks a lot like our Honey Bunny but with lop earsies. :shock:

They certainly look very happy together. :love:

Awww. I love their little shed. Very sweet. The picture of them next to each other is just :love:

How wonderful, I'm so glad you've been able to get to the bottom of his health problems and now managed to find him a suitable pal, too. They look very settled and comfy together, although there is quite a lot of pink in there - getting Barney to get in touch with his feminine side?! So glad to see such a happy update :)

This is just awesome. Thank you for posting Liz. I'm so glad he has a friend to snuggle with again, and a nice place to live. If it is alright, I'd like to send them a wedding present. :D

Oh I am so pleased for Barney. And what a beautiful wifebun. Has he put on a little bit of weight? Hope they bond well, it's looking good! Thanks for update.

Barney and Hallie now have access to their entire set up and seem to be settling well :) It has taken a bit of time, but when dealing with animals lives things can't always be sorted over night. Illness and behaviours have to be sorted and taken into account. Its just a shame some people didn't have enough faith in us to do right by them and give them the best life, like we do all our rabbits. But anyway Barney is happy, healthy and has everything he needs in life now, so hopefully there is a long life ahead for him and Hallie :love:

Official wedding photos here http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...llie-the-wedding-photos&p=6426303#post6426303

Fabulous news, so glad these two are now happily married and enjoying their whole pen :D

Back