• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

First visit to new vet - very happy :)

Suzi Wong

Mama Doe
We we took Oscar to see his new vet on Friday. The minute she picked him up she commented that his bones were crunching and that he probably has arthritis.
I just wonder why my other vets never picked up on this, I feel really annoyed that no one has ever noticed or even suggested it. She also said that she thinks his eye problems are due to his tooth roots as she thought his eyes are slightly bulging.

Also no need to book him in for a full day to have his eyes flushed under GA at a cost of @ £50, and without the added stress to Oscar, she took him away for 5 minutes and the job was done while we waited and we were not charged for it either!

We have to go back again next week to see what we are going to do next, she suggested that he needs X-rays but is not prepared to do this until we have tried other things first.

I am a very happy mummy and so pleased I have changed vets:love:

Excellent news! It's always so good to have a vet you trust in, we changed last year and am so glad we did.

Still so:censored: annoyed that no one has picked up on the arthritis before though! Seems he will need to be on metacam forever now. Can this affect his tummy long term? We've only just managed to sort his diet and getting him eating properly again, I don't want to cause other problems:?

Back