• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's the best way you've found to wash bunny fleecies ....

Bitzy-B

Mama Doe
.............without clogging up the washer??

I think OH would prefer not to have to take half the washer apart to unclog it each time I've done a big round of fleecie washing.

I tend to give them a quick shake or stick them on the washing line for an hour to get rid of a bit of fur then just bung them in the washer.

What do you do?

I use one of those washing nets, like SarahP just linked. Between rabbits, cats and rats I have to wash a LOT of furry stuff, my poor washing machine would clog up after one wash otherwise! :lol:

I use a huge bag designed to wash horse blankets in for any animal bedding that I have to wash. I also wipe them over with a damp rubber glove first and shake them out.

I use a huge bag designed to wash horse blankets in for any animal bedding that I have to wash. I also wipe them over with a damp rubber glove first and shake them out.

The damp glove is a great idea. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had a lot I would take them to my local launderette, but that depends on how often you have to wash them of course as it could work out to be expensive.

Back