• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Confused by grooming article (trancing)......

luna

Mama Doe
In spring 2012 issue of Rabbiting On :/

I am pretty sure the person who wrote the article is promoting trancing but they are not aware that they are trancing. Or maybe I have misinterpreted the whole thing.

I have included some pictures of the article itself

y8y5ebe5.jpg

2amuzaba.jpg

This was the one that most concerned me. I hope the text part can be read.

ameqa3ym.jpg

I don't know ... It just didn't sit right with me :(

I don't want to trance Freddie to access his under chin area !!!

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
:wave:

I cut Chloes hair under her chin by simply holding a carrot for her to eat with my left hand, then I cut her hair with scissors using my right hand. It's quite nervy the first few times as it's such a vulnerable area but I've done it so many times now that i'm fine with it and it's only once every 2 weeks. Sometimes a noise will distract her and she will move her head but I always react very quickly.

Here is a picture of her after a hair cutting session looking impressed :lol:

:wave:

I cut Chloes hair under her chin by simply holding a carrot for her to eat with my left hand, then I cut her hair with scissors using my right hand. It's quite nervy the first few times as it's such a vulnerable area but I've done it so many times now that i'm fine with it and it's only once every 2 weeks. Sometimes a noise will distract her and she will move her head but I always react very quickly.

Here is a picture of her after a hair cutting session looking impressed :lol:

Aww what a sweet picture.Chloe is beautiful and you did a very neat job:)

Myself and hubby tackled freddies hair cut this morning and it was amazing how much hair came off. He looks like a different bun.

Thanks for the advice. I will keep that in mind if I need to do a hair cut by myself in the future. I hope that by starting them while he is a baby that he will just get used to it.

I am interested to see how long it takes to grow back. I posted pictures in the photos section :) xx

Aww what a sweet picture.Chloe is beautiful and you did a very neat job:)

Myself and hubby tackled freddies hair cut this morning and it was amazing how much hair came off. He looks like a different bun.

Thanks for the advice. I will keep that in mind if I need to do a hair cut by myself in the future. I hope that by starting them while he is a baby that he will just get used to it.

I am interested to see how long it takes to grow back. I posted pictures in the photos section :) xx

It grows back fast unfortunately! I snip her skirt near enough daily :lol:

As for under her chin she knows that when I have a carrot to jump on her dog kennel as that's where I cut the hair :D x

It grows back fast unfortunately! I snip her skirt near enough daily :lol:

As for under her chin she knows that when I have a carrot to jump on her dog kennel as that's where I cut the hair :D x

Oh jeepers ... I didn't think it would be that quick. Does it slow down in the winter months at all ? :/

I have noticed he isn't tracking much hay since his trimming ... Yay :)

Oh jeepers ... I didn't think it would be that quick. Does it slow down in the winter months at all ? :/

I have noticed he isn't tracking much hay since his trimming ... Yay :)

I'm not too sure. I've only been cutting it since about April, before I'd let it grow and then she would have a dematt every few months but obviously that meant her going under GA so I decided to take matters into my own hands :thumb:

This is how bad Chloes fur used to get

She looks overweight in this picture but she's actually always been extremely lean and the perfect weight for her breed. It's mad isn't it, looking at the pictures makes me really sad. Her head looks too small for her body! And I do believe she's much happier now, simply because she can clean herself a whole lot easier, whereas before she'd really struggle.

Ahh i love my fuzzy girl :love:

This is how bad Chloes fur used to get

She looks overweight in this picture but she's actually always been extremely lean and the perfect weight for her breed. It's mad isn't it, looking at the pictures makes me really sad. Her head looks too small for her body! And I do believe she's much happier now, simply because she can clean herself a whole lot easier, whereas before she'd really struggle.

Ahh i love my fuzzy girl :love:

Wow ...What a difference. I totally get what your saying. Bunnies weren't meant to have long hair. How uncomfortable it must be for them. I'm sure Chloe appreciates what you do for her. Gosh I can't get over the difference.

Iv never seen a long haired giant breed before. Is she a conti X ? x

Wow ...What a difference. I totally get what your saying. Bunnies weren't meant to have long hair. How uncomfortable it must be for them. I'm sure Chloe appreciates what you do for her. Gosh I can't get over the difference.

Iv never seen a long haired giant breed before. Is she a conti X ? x

She's a British Giant. I've never seen another long haired giant. She looks nothing like mum/dad/siblings they are all short haired. Haha. I think she is part sheep x

She's a British Giant. I've never seen another long haired giant. She looks nothing like mum/dad/siblings they are all short haired. Haha. I think she is part sheep x

Lol ...That's what I was calling Freddie today, a little sheep :)

Chloe is so lovely and extra special for her uniqueness ;) xx

Back