• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those with litter tray lifting bunnies

Kirotea

Mama Doe
Have you tried using sticky back velcro strips and did they stop your bunnies being able to lift their litter trays?

I've found the best thing to do is actually screw them down if you can (of course it depends on what you're screwing them into). That way, there's no lifting them up by a bun!! :lol:

I've found the best thing to do is actually screw them down if you can (of course it depends on what you're screwing them into). That way, there's no lifting them up by a bun!! :lol:

How do you empty them though? I prefer to put the whole thing in a bin bag and tip it out like that.

I take out as much by hand and then sweep out the rest with a little dustpan and brush. It is a bit awkward, but I'm used to doing it now after 14 years!!

I've screwed mine down.

Someone sat on the edge of the tray and snapped it to the screw.

One day I'm just going to let my bunnies throw litter round the house, garden and hutch and be done with it! LOL!

This works well.:thumb: Delilah my 6kgs + conti can't move her litter tray with two bricks in it.....but she does try........and try.....and try!!!!
Delilah tries to move a tree...She's persistent ;) :lol::love::love:

I may need to pay her a visit soon ;)

Delilah tries to move a tree...She's persistent ;) :lol::love::love:

I may need to pay her a visit soon ;)

I have come to the conclusion that Delilah is a JCB!!!!! And woe betide me if I get in her way!!!!!! Ouch.

Pay her a visit.......take her away......by all means......... she has been spayed, but I am sure her attitude at times is that of an entire doe. Who is the boss in this household........one day it is me, the next Delilah....so on and so forth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have come to the conclusion that Delilah is a JCB!!!!! And woe betide me if I get in her way!!!!!! Ouch.

Pay her a visit.......take her away......by all means......... she has been spayed, but I am sure her attitude at times is that of an entire doe. Who is the boss in this household........one day it is me, the next Delilah....so on and so forth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Haha she certainly does give a pretty good dirty look!!
As if you'd let me take her away...don't forget I couldn't take her without her darling husband, and we both know how much you would miss him!!

Marble is the same...She's a feisty not so little girl! We've been battling over the sofa for the last week :roll:

I use velcro dots, one in each corner and it works well. Otto tries to lift it but when he feels the resistance he gives up. Might not work for the more persistant bun though :lol:

I eliminated the need for a tray whilst also using some of the height in my rabbits play pen area.

Buy 50/52ltr box with hinged lid for easy access...
images

Use hot knife or stanley to cut small square about 3 inches up from the bottom to prevent litter from being kicked out and allows access.

Use hot knife to make 2 slits along narrow end, furthest side away from access hole.

Then rest hay net inside these slits and fill with hay.

End result can be seen below...

10653962_808102752567687_1247502726_n.jpg

He can't lift it up or move it and he loves chilling on the top. Result!

Back