• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Domestic bunny in my yard :(

MimzMum

Wise Old Thumper
Went out to walk Jenna at about 11 PM tonight and almost had a coronary...there off to the right of my driveway is a beautiful white and black English spot bunny crouching on the ground. :( I was able to get within four feet of him/her when it bounded off back towards my neighbor's yard. (The one whose dogs nornally menace me but they've been absent for weeks and I'm not sure where the people are.)
These people have kept rabbits outdoors before and used to have a black/white spotty lop years ago that I would see out in the snow to -30 F. :( We have fox, owls, cats, roaming dogs and crazy drivers who could make short work of this new young one I saw tonight and my blood has been boiling since I found the bunny.
I plan on asking around in the morning since I was obviously unable to contain the bun, if he belongs to them or if the neighbors who may be taking care of the pets in the absence of these people know where bunny belongs. I am despairing though of this poor bub surviving long if he's not rounded up. :(

I'm so :censored: off. I don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight for worrying about some careless :censored: person's rabbit who apparently isn't important enough to them to keep in a safe place. :cry:

Any tips for helping this bunny get home would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. xxx

Up early today and my first thought went to this little bunny. I thought I'd heard rain (it is forecast for today) and my heart fell thinking he'd be out in it. :(
I'm going to place one of our older carriers out there with some hay in it in the hopes it will at least serve as temporary shelter until someone can be located to take responsibility for this poor baby. It just makes me heartsick (and simultaneously so glad that my bunnies live inside) to imagine the dangers that await this rabbit and I am ready to pinch someone's head off for not being more careful with it. It's such a beautiful bunny and I fear that if it dies out here it will be summarily replaced with another unfortunate. :cry:
This all brings back how we failed to safely trap the two REW's who were dumped with Mimzy, 7 years ago. :cry: We couldn't have taken them on at the time but would've gladly searched for good homes for them. :(

Back